Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

1923 A.H. Fox XE grade and an E.K. Tryon Barlow, both the Fox and the Barlow were sold by The E. K. Tryon Co. of Philadelphia.

IMG_6289_zpswjdxvqhl.jpg

Lots of very nice photos !!

My contribution is more about the pistol. My Grandfather carried this 45 in Europe during WWII.
It was made by Remington Rand Co. Not to be confused with Remington Arms, which still make guns and pistols.
During WWII everyone made guns. Remington Rand is the company more famous for making sewing machines, not pistols.
They made 900,000 units of the 1911, for WWII.

The Ka-Bar was made in 1942 for WWII, but I bought this one new in the late 70s.

WrLg1TJ.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of very nice photos !!

My contribution is more about the pistol. My Grandfather carried this 45 in Europe during WWII.
It was made by Remington Rand Co. Not to be confused with Remington Arms, which still make guns and pistols.
During WWII everyone made guns. Remington Rand is the company more famous for making sewing machines, not pistols.
They made 900,000 units of the 1911, for WWII.

The Ka-Bar was made in 1942 for WWII, but I bought this one new in the late 70s.

WrLg1TJ.jpg

An absolute treasure....

Here's my contribution to the thread. The O/U 20 gauge is a Browning Citori Superlight from 1988. The Bird and Trout is made by Lamont Coombs in mirror polished 01 and really nice Cocobolo. I threw the Lloyd in the pic because it's always wanting to jump out of my pocket and get in the picture.
pYlg0XD.jpg

Here's my contribution to the thread. The O/U 20 gauge is a Browning Citori Superlight from 1988. The Bird and Trout is made by Lamont Coombs in mirror polished 01 and really nice Cocobolo. I threw the Lloyd in the pic because it's always wanting to jump out of my pocket and get in the picture.
pYlg0XD.jpg

That's beautiful Gary. Awesome stag on that folder!

Gary, the Browning Citori was the gun of choice at the shooting club I use to frequent. Nice outfit!!!

First is my S&W 37-3 and a W.C. Davis lockback in ATS-34. I'd ordered green jigged bone, but at the next BLADE show when he handed it to me it was brown jigged bone. It was too nice a knife to quibble such a small detail.

Next is my Victorinox Red Alox Farmer with my pawn shop rescued Browning BL-22 with a Browning(Redfield) 4x scope. As I recall this was it's first range session and I was using the flathead on the SAK to dial the scope in.

Attachments

• 2008_0723BL-220003 (Small).JPG
    2008_0723BL-220003 (Small).JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0068 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0068 (Medium).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 74
I don't have any works of art like so many here, but do have a couple "older" pieces that have much sentimental value.

My father got this 50th Anniversary Daisy Golden Eagle as a young teen in 1936. He managed to keep it around, and became the first "gun" that my three older brothers and I learned shooting basics on. I'm sure some of my sisters also shot it, but don't remember any stories about them using it. Unfortunately I was probably the hardest on this golden beauty, but at least I still have it to show off to my children.

And.......along side is a Western three blade Stockman that went from my dads pocket as his edc, into my pocket. The blades are a bit abused as I spent too much time on a bench stone trying to sharpen. I never really learned the basics. I just applied a generous serving youthful impatience, and a sharpening we go. [emoji51]

I also threw in a monster Hobo multifunction. I received it even earlier, for my 5th Bday.

2iubayd.jpg

6yf8z6.jpg

w1e2yc.jpg

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

Great thread!!

Here are a couple to start off with from me... I'll try for more later.

Beretta Stampede .45 Colt, and it's constant companion, a fighter by Andy Sharpe.

2017-03-06-01-43-03-jpg.jpeg

My Moms Liberty Mustang in .22, and a Case Peanut that seems to fit with it.

2017-03-06-01-43-42-jpg.jpeg

And my favorite pair, they have been together for a while, the gun has been in the family for about 40 years, having belonged to both my brothers and my Dad before me. Paired with the Western it was his hunting combo- Now they're my hunting combo. :)

2017-03-06-01-44-50-jpg.jpeg

That's beautiful Gary. Awesome stag on that folder!

John Lloyd made the folder. I've been showing it off around here for a few weeks now. :D

Gary, the Browning Citori was the gun of choice at the shooting club I use to frequent. Nice outfit!!!

Thanks! This one has done right by me.

I don't have any works of art like so many here, but do have a couple "older" pieces that have much sentimental value.

My father got this 50th Anniversary Daisy Golden Eagle as a young teen in 1936. He managed to keep it around, and became the first "gun" that my three older brothers and I learned shooting basics on. I'm sure some of my sisters also shot it, but don't remember any stories about them using it. Unfortunately I was probably the hardest on this golden beauty, but at least I still have it to show off to my children.

And.......along side is a Western three blade Stockman that went from my dads pocket as his edc, into my pocket. The blades are a bit abused as I spent too much time on a bench stone trying to sharpen. I never really learned the basics. I just applied a generous serving youthful impatience, and a sharpening we go. [emoji51]

I also threw in a monster Hobo multifunction. I received it even earlier, for my 5th Bday.

2iubayd.jpg

6yf8z6.jpg

w1e2yc.jpg

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

That's some real treasure you have there!

Back