Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Good to hear man, I’m smiling at the memories. Semper fi
Let’s see that single six 315 315 . Honest wear from honest days

Here’s the single six I’ve owned for over 32 years now. I was able to take it with me to a duty station in the Marines and it definately helped me become a better shooter. One cylinder of .22, then one magazine of .45, alternating back and forth. The Old Timer isn’t the same as I carried back then, lost that one, but it’s what would’ve been in my pocket for years as I chased Squirrels, shot leaves floating downstream and just wandered through the woods.

C7-C79557-0-CEA-4350-956-E-EFEF718-D8650.jpg

Thanks! That's an 8-inch .357, gift from father-in-law about 25 years ago. Very accurate. Had a 6-inch .22 LR too, but it was stolen.

Shame about the .22, the longer barreled versions were very popular with small bore silhouette shooters of the day. A 6" would have been a great squirrel gun. I don't think any S&W I've owned would shoot as accurately. I had a Freedom Arms 252 in a 7.5" barrel, it would shoot five shots well inside an inch at a 50 yards off a rest, but it weighed 52 ounces. Made my elbow tendons scream for mercy when I hunted with it.

Been getting lots of requests lately to do some oak leaf carving on both sheaths and holsters:

unELS3o.jpg

izZm5oL.jpg

These two I did this week. Have I ever mentioned that I hate dyeing leather?

USSHlSO.jpg

lPDkGCY.jpg

I know lots of folks like darker colors but to me it seems you lose some of the detail you put in there. What say you?

Been getting lots of requests lately to do some oak leaf carving on both sheaths and holsters:

unELS3o.jpg

izZm5oL.jpg

USSHlSO.jpg

lPDkGCY.jpg

I know lots of folks like darker colors but to me it seems you lose some of the detail you put in there. What say you?

I really like the looks of the darker holster myself, excellent work!

unELS3o.jpg

izZm5oL.jpg

USSHlSO.jpg

lPDkGCY.jpg

Both look great to me.

unELS3o.jpg

izZm5oL.jpg

USSHlSO.jpg

lPDkGCY.jpg

I'm more of a natural guy myself!
Great work, as always!:thumbsup:

unELS3o.jpg

izZm5oL.jpg

USSHlSO.jpg

lPDkGCY.jpg

As a fellow (ex) leather crafter, I hated to dye or stain leather dark. Natural is always my preferred. Very nice work BTW.

Back