1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pàdruig, Mar 1, 2017.

1. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Me too, it really brings out the detail of the carving. Beautiful work.

2. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Here’s a much better picture of this beauty along with a Trapper that will accompany it on my outdoor adventures along with whichever traditional fixed blade I can decide on C4954011-6B73-4501-A319-588A74F80392.jpeg

3. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0146.JPG
    I bet one from Mike Mann, Idaho knife works, his San Francisco Bowie or Cumberland in stag, would be good ones. There are lots of good stag Bowie out there too, like Boker.

4. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I have been using my stock photos again.

5. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

6. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

7. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Another ‘94 fan here. Just got a leather stock cover that I laced up yesterday in preparation for a hog hunt/camping trip in SC next week. Can’t wait to shoot some rounds off!

Taking my hunter from Josh Fisher as the knife of choice. Probably carry a 42 lockback in the pocket.

[​IMG]

8. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Where in SC are you going? Look forward to seeing your pictures.

9. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    We’re going to the Woodbury WMA west of Conway. Got word from the DNR that all road access is under 5’ of water at the moment so we’re going in by boat. It’s going to be an adventure for sure!

Fodderwing and boykinlp like this.
  10. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    [​IMG]

^^^^ Bond Arms .45 colt / .410 with 6” barrel. I have 3” and 4.25” barrels for it in the same calibers...the 6” barrel kicks/hurts the most, surprisingly to me.

[​IMG]

Ruger Blackhawk. Convertible between .45 ACP and .45 Colt. Fun gun to shoot.

11. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    1E1DB9B2-AFFE-4D1D-879F-9E84A4EF6A02.jpeg

Gevonovich, jwb01, Fodderwing and 8 others like this.
  12. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    For you Win 94 addicts:

Bit of a back story. A former brother in law had done some tractor work for a guy. The guy couldn't pay him all that he owed so he gave him this 94 in trade as part. He'd kept it in a wall rack next to a swamp cooler to the detriment of the rifle. Years later I'd loaned my brother in law some $$ and he asked if I'd take the rifle as part trade on that. Resounding yes. Unfortunately the receiver side that was against the wall next to the swamp cooler was pretty pitted. Just oiling it prevented any further damage. It certainly has been a shooter. Thirty years ago I put the Lyman tang sight on it. Nine years ago I gave it to my son on his 18th birthday. It has cowboyed in Cali, Oregon and AZ. Taken more than its fair share of coyote dogs and put down quite a few cattle and horses too.

[​IMG]

The knife is one of my Poco's in a Slotted sheath with Sunset bone handle:

[​IMG]

It hates 150 grain ammo, you're lucky to be able to hit the barn with one. It'll drive tacks with 170 grain rounds.

13. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    4FE80288-D381-4794-930A-DB2C01DDA03F.jpeg

14. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    B.Svobody, Italy auto. backdrop - My father-in-law's cabinet of "cowboy" competition goodies. IMG_0230.jpeg

VashHash, Pàdruig, JOELSM and 10 others like this.
  15. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Wow, what a collection! (But what's that tennis ball doing there? ;) )

16. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks! He puts the tennis balls in the holsters to keep them open to the approximate size. :cool:

Prester John likes this.
  17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Ah! Quick Draw McGraw! :thumbsup:

Fodderwing likes this.
  18. Lhpanther

Lhpanther Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Scott Sawby paired with my trusty ole Ruger Red Label 12ga.

E64DB8F3-41C3-4C43-8BA6-2C43C1F05A97.jpeg

VashHash, Gevonovich, FLymon and 10 others like this.
  19. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Nice Sawby! Does it have his self lock?

20. Lhpanther

Lhpanther Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Yes sir, it does. Such a genius design.

Peregrin likes this.