Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

3D2F0C14-3112-4AB6-AED8-84C9A1D4ED18_zps3jsjlzr9.jpg

20ga Browning Citori and a sheepfoot 77 Barlow in African Blackwood :)
That Barlow pairs well with your Browning. I had to go check and make sure my Citori hadn't vanished overnight! 😉

That Barlow pairs well with your Browning. I had to go check and make sure my Citori hadn't vanished overnight! 😉

Ha! Your's is the straight grip - is it the 24" Upland model? I sure love my little 20ga, it's slim and light. This one is a 26" and my favorite rabbit, quail/dove gun. It breaks clays at the range too. :D

Ha! Your's is the straight grip - is it the 24" Upland model? I sure love my little 20ga, it's slim and light. This one is a 26" and my favorite rabbit, quail/dove gun. It breaks clays at the range too. :D

26" barrels on mine too. Nice looking patina on that 77 Barlow you paired with yours.

You could whittle a gun like the one in your picture !!

I'd probably have to paint in blue or something! :rolleyes: :D :thumbup:

That looks like a fun toy, my cat would love to be shot with that.

It was a rather bizarre Xmas present, but it looks like it would be pretty easy to make one. Only two rubber bands. My plan is to give it to my friend's kids so they can shoot HIM! :D :thumbup::thumbup:

The knife is a Western L36. This knife was given to my father when he was a Boy Scout. After he left for Vietnam in 1965, he sent a letter to my grandmother, asking if she could send him the knife, which she did. He carried it for 2 tours. Dad gave it to me to be sharpened about 2 weeks before he passed away from in-service illnesses in 2010. I never got the opportunity to return it to him. As a child, I always remember it being above the sun visor in his truck, always on the ready and on hand or on his belt. I'm sorry that I don't have a picture of it with dad's old Colt 1911, but my newer version 1911A1 will have to do. Both are always on my person, or within arms reach.

image sharing

The knife is a Western L36. This knife was given to my father when he was a Boy Scout. After he left for Vietnam in 1965, he sent a letter to my grandmother, asking if she could send him the knife, which she did. He carried it for 2 tours. Dad gave it to me to be sharpened about 2 weeks before he passed away from in-service illnesses in 2010. I never got the opportunity to return it to him. As a child, I always remember it being above the sun visor in his truck, always on the ready and on hand or on his belt. I'm sorry that I don't have a picture of it with dad's old Colt 1911, but my newer version 1911A1 will have to do. Both are always on my person, or within arms reach.

Glad you have momentos from your father. That's a sweet Western. I like the Peace grips on the 45.

Glad you have momentos from your father. That's a sweet Western. I like the Peace grips on the 45.

Thanks...with the raising I got, it's the only thing I own with the peace symbol. It's one of my favorite phrases I heard during the Reagan years. I picked those scales up from an Ebay seller to replace the way to light of color scales that came with the pistol.

The stories that the old Western could tell if it had a voice would curl your toes. Dad shared some of them with me years ago after it went missing from it's spot in his hat on the counter. It seemed that my younger brother's friend had a set of sticky fingers. It took me a month, but I found him with it and was able to get it back into my dad's hands. That was back in the late 1980's. While it was gone, dad shared those stories. Suffice it to say that the knife is responsible for saving dad's life a couple of times.

How about one of my Hunters and a Skinner with a .700 H & H Double rifle. Knives handled in walnut stock cut offs from the maker (Butch Searcy) of the rifle.

gUrZnXS.jpg

That double rifle is not getting enough recognition in this thread. That thing nearly stopped my heart! Too much for me to see on a Thursday.

Ya did see the empty shell casing? The knife it is next to is 9 inches in overall length just to give ya a little perspective on a .700 H&H. One article I read said that there have only been 19 .700s ever made and that Butch has made 12 of the 19. He was having me hold the rifle while they were arranging the photo (it was for a magazine article). First its very heavy about 25 pounds. Second I asked Butch what it was worth and when he told me I handed it back. I didn't want to hold it anymore!

Last edited:
Ya did see the empty shell casing? The knife it is next to is 9 inches in overall length just to give ya a little perspective on a .700 H&H. One article I read said that there have only been 19 .700s ever made and that Butch has made 12 of the 19. He was having me hold the rifle while they were arranging the photo (it was for a magazine article). First its very heavy about 25 pounds. Second I asked Butch what it was worth and when he told me I handed it back. I didn't want to hold it anymore!

That's not a rifle, that's shoulder-fired artillery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back