1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pàdruig, Mar 1, 2017.

1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
  2. Corn Fed

Corn Fed Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2017
    That's right. The first J frame in .38 special. S&W introduced the Model 36 at the International Association of Chief’s of Police convention(1950 I think). They were allowed to vote on the name for the new model. Of course they chose "Chief's Special".

3. Corn Fed

Jan 14, 2017
    I had my Model 10 at the range today. That K frame is much more forgiving to shoot than the J frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    My apologies to posters whose posts I should have "liked". I got worn out.

I love a tang sight.

Neat trick.

5. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Recently we bought our daughter a Henry .22 at a gun show. The wife decided she might like one too so when we were "down the hill", we stopped at a very large gun store that always have several models of Henrys on the wall to look at and handle. She wanted to not get the same one we got our daughter so wanted to kinda see the options. Lucky day. They had a Golden Boy on the wall that had unbelievable wood on it. Literally they had Italian shotguns on the wall for $4-$5K that didn't have the wood that this $500 .22 did. So not being dumb, we bought it for Nichole, my wife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nichole had surgery recently and only had one chance to fire it prior. She's been recovering fine and a few days ago she was feeling good so we went out to our range and also our daughter went with us to shoot hers for the first time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They both loved em.

6. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
  7. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Some real fine tooth on that Peacemaker, Wayne!

Atiger and cigarrodog like this.
  8. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    @Horsewright I hope Nicole recovers quickly. Great Henry, I have never owned one, and I think that should change.

@Corn Fed When it comes to knives or guns, two is better than one.

@Prester John I look forward to seeing your Model 60. Post it up.

Corn Fed and Prester John like this.
  9. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Buck, S&W, and Winchester. American classics.

10. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Usually rides in my hunting pack loaded with 38 special snake shot. Needed a good cleaning. (This was pre cleaning.)
    IMG_20190411_184931.jpg

jwb01, Pàdruig, paulhilborn and 17 others like this.
  11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    IMG_1302.jpeg

Shankenstein, jwb01, 315 and 18 others like this.
  12. Corn Fed

Jan 14, 2017
    Inspecting for rust and putting a fresh coat of oil on some of my traditional knives today. Also, the model 10-5 is still out on the kitchen table because I cannot stop fondling it. Time for another knife/revolver picture.

[​IMG]

jwb01, VashHash, JSutter and 18 others like this.
  13. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

jwb01, Grateful, FLymon and 8 others like this.
  14. Jakedsnake

Jakedsnake Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 14, 2018
  15. Corn Fed

Jan 14, 2017
    [​IMG]

jwb01, VashHash, willard0341 and 15 others like this.
  16. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Cool! An older Bodyguard. It looks a little strange, but I like the shrouded hammer and the option of cocking to shoot single action.

Corn Fed, hamsco and scrteened porch like this.
  17. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    @Prester John I don' think that is strange, at all. It is nice to use single action and double, when you are target shooting.

[​IMG]

18. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    I agree. I have a Model 60 and a Model 642 (Chief's Special and Centennial). I like the concealed hammer for pocket carry, but I also like being able to cock the exposed hammer. The Bodyguard is the best compromise. It just looks kind of funny to me, but I might get one some day. I love S&W, but I wouldn't buy one with the Clinton lock.

cigarrodog, TheChunk91 and Corn Fed like this.
  19. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    I like this shot. Another advantage of those Buckaroo pouches for carrying your traditional folder. Doesn't get in the way of a sidearm (Kimber here) and you can still access your knife if needed. Tyler, my friend, is also carrying a fixed blade crossdraw on the other side. Made his belt too, as well as the holster with his brand.

[​IMG]

Aw heck made his reins and spur straps too come to think of it.

[​IMG]

jwb01, willard0341, JSutter and 10 others like this.
  20. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Nice Setup !!
    That’s the only way I normally carry except IWB for concealment purposes and so comfortable !
    Nice leather Sir :thumbsup:
    Lefty here also :cool:

Prester John likes this.