Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

FA724856-581F-4651-A30D-E921875F43C6_zps03t88jam.jpeg

Corn Fed Corn Fed I think we both have a classic Smith & Wesson. Model 36. I have one with a covered hammer, and one with a 3” barrel.
I believe it has been called “Chief’s Special”.

That's right. The first J frame in .38 special. S&W introduced the Model 36 at the International Association of Chief’s of Police convention(1950 I think). They were allowed to vote on the name for the new model. Of course they chose "Chief's Special".

My apologies to posters whose posts I should have "liked". I got worn out.

It hates 150 grain ammo, you're lucky to be able to hit the barn with one. It'll drive tacks with 170 grain rounds.
I love a tang sight.

Thanks! He puts the tennis balls in the holsters to keep them open to the approximate size.
Neat trick.

Recently we bought our daughter a Henry .22 at a gun show. The wife decided she might like one too so when we were "down the hill", we stopped at a very large gun store that always have several models of Henrys on the wall to look at and handle. She wanted to not get the same one we got our daughter so wanted to kinda see the options. Lucky day. They had a Golden Boy on the wall that had unbelievable wood on it. Literally they had Italian shotguns on the wall for $4-$5K that didn't have the wood that this $500 .22 did. So not being dumb, we bought it for Nichole, my wife.

zpi90Ih.jpg

EC2tehV.jpg

klWbjQC.jpg

5gqPaWW.jpg

xVq91Ls.jpg

QH6eOiq.jpg

Nichole had surgery recently and only had one chance to fire it prior. She's been recovering fine and a few days ago she was feeling good so we went out to our range and also our daughter went with us to shoot hers for the first time.

rKD5Lwl.jpg

7s2qkR2.jpg

They both loved em.

Prester John Prester John I don' think that is strange, at all. It is nice to use single action and double, when you are target shooting.

OEp0F8c.jpg
I agree. I have a Model 60 and a Model 642 (Chief's Special and Centennial). I like the concealed hammer for pocket carry, but I also like being able to cock the exposed hammer. The Bodyguard is the best compromise. It just looks kind of funny to me, but I might get one some day. I love S&W, but I wouldn't buy one with the Clinton lock.

I like this shot. Another advantage of those Buckaroo pouches for carrying your traditional folder. Doesn't get in the way of a sidearm (Kimber here) and you can still access your knife if needed. Tyler, my friend, is also carrying a fixed blade crossdraw on the other side. Made his belt too, as well as the holster with his brand.

ihd37Q3.jpg

Aw heck made his reins and spur straps too come to think of it.

yu56zLz.jpg

I like this shot. Another advantage of those Buckaroo pouches for carrying your traditional folder. Doesn't get in the way of a sidearm (Kimber here) and you can still access your knife if needed. Tyler, my friend, is also carrying a fixed blade crossdraw on the other side. Made his belt too, as well as the holster with his brand.

ihd37Q3.jpg

Aw heck made his reins and spur straps too come to think of it.

yu56zLz.jpg
Nice Setup !!
That’s the only way I normally carry except IWB for concealment purposes and so comfortable !
Nice leather Sir :thumbsup:
Lefty here also :cool:

Back