1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pàdruig, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Understood. May try this myself this weekend.

JohnDF likes this.
  2. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Now there's a rockin' GP 100 and a Stainless Gordo. Cool that she competes.

Up for a little one on one Gary? I might have a distinct height advantage though. I don't even have to jump to dunk:

[​IMG]

TheFactor, peanutsxx, jwb01 and 6 others like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Cheater :D

Fodderwing likes this.
  4. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    I prefer "tactician".

5. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
  6. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Well Played :thumbsup:

Horsewright and Prester John like this.
  7. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    It's what Capt. Kirk would have done.

Fodderwing and JohnDF like this.
  8. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    What re program the simulator never!

OK maybe a little. No height advantage then, one on one with my daughter. She's only 5' 2". $20 on Alyssa.

[​IMG]

She has played a little competitive ball though.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  9. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Excellent! :cool: :thumbsup:

Gun and knife content...
    [​IMG]

10. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    That's pretty impressive, Dave; I can only dunk in my sweetest dreams! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm kind of scrawny, but I don't mind taking my defender down low and banging around a little bit to get position, but I doubt if I'd be able to push you and your horse around very much. I think that's one of the reasons that the group I play with twice a week has banned centaurs from our games. ;)

I once read a short story about guys playing a baseball game on horseback, and maybe a guy shot the ball with his revolver at the climactic play of the game, but I can't seem to find a mention of it online. Might have been written by Zane Grey, who played some college and minor league baseball.

- GT

11. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    If you aren't cheating then you aren't trying. ;)

12. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Up until very recently some of the country schools had donkey basketball games. Every player was mounted on a rubber shoe wearing donkey. Great entertainment. :D

Another Ruger fullsizeoutput_1a89.jpeg

13. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    It is, from the B prefix run so 1972-75. It's spent a lot of hours out in the woods with me. Shot a flying grouse through the back of the head with it once. I'd keep cartridges between the fingers on my left hand and the falling block can be surprisingly quick for a single shot.

scrteened porch and willard0341 like this.
  14. 5K Qs

Jul 20, 2014
    How foolish do you think I am, Dave? :eek::p
    I'm not playing a guy's daughter within a week of Father's Day; way too much motivation/incentive for her! :rolleyes:

But if we can agree on a date, how about these ground rules?
    - Game to 21, 2s and 3s; Alyssa can choose ball and 3-point line (men's vs. women's)
    - Make it, take it; gotta take ball back to 3-point line on made baskets, change of possession, or out of bounds
    - Call your own fouls

Oh, yeah, since in my neck of the woods they say you can't teach height, we usually give 1 point per inch of height difference to the shorter player. Alyssa is 5'2" and I'm about 5'10" (and shrinking :(), so let's give her 8 points.
    But they also say you can't teach youth, so we typically give 1 point per year of age difference to the older player. I'm 67, so unless Alyssa is older than 38, I'll have over 21 before we even start, so you can just send me that Jackson at your convenience, Dave! :D

- GT

15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Can I enter my son in the basketball tournament too?
    He's just a band nerd, so you all shouldn't be too concerned. ;)
    [​IMG]
    Full disclosure:
    He's 6'5", 300 lbs, and could probably box-out Dave's horse. ;)

16. 5K Qs

Jul 20, 2014
    That made me laugh! :D:D

But what about staying on topic for the thread? What knives/guns would be sanctioned for one-on-one hoops?

- GT

TheFactor, JohnDF and Prester John like this.
  17. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    This was news to me until I saw your post. I have a Single Six from my Grandpa made in 1969, and a Super Bearcat from 72?? I think. Also and Single Six convertible from the early 80’s. Thought I had enough .22’s until I started looking at the Wrangler. May be room for one to leave in the truck:):)

Prester John likes this.
  18. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    May have to get one myself. Had a Dan Wesson .22 revolver, six-inch barrel. Lot of fun. It was stolen! And ammo is so cheap, compared to .38 Special, .357 Magnum, or .45 ACP.

Fodderwing and 315 like this.
  19. oldtymer

oldtymer Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I remember when I was in school the Fire Dept. vs The Police Dept. at Donkey Baseball. Hit the ball, mount up and ride around the bases. Sold out game every year.
    Also "The King & His Court" four man softball team against a nine man team of locals. The Pitcher stood at second base, a catcher, first baseman, and an out fielder.

Fodderwing and Prester John like this.
  20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    That would be awesome to watch (or participate in)! :D