Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Thanks Dave. I'm pretty sure the grips are birch. My father-in-law put them on. It's Cherri's 45 she used in cowboy competition shoots. Single Action of course.

View attachment 1144599

Now there's a rockin' GP 100 and a Stainless Gordo. Cool that she competes.

Thanks for the suggestions, Vince and Jer, but I'm really not in the market for a gun; I just wanted an excuse to post something in this thread. I'll limit my shooting to shooting hoops. :rolleyes:

(Someday, I'd like to see in how many different threads I can legitimately post with a single carefully-composed photo! :p I've got a little list going, and it will be easy to pose a pic relevant to a dozen threads; I'll bet with a bit of thought, I can hit 20, at least.)

- GT

Up for a little one on one Gary? I might have a distinct height advantage though. I don't even have to jump to dunk:

XRM8nTt.jpg

Now there's a rockin' GP 100 and a Stainless Gordo. Cool that she competes.

Up for a little one on one Gary? I might have a distinct height advantage though. I don't even have to jump to dunk:

XRM8nTt.jpg
That's pretty impressive, Dave; I can only dunk in my sweetest dreams! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm kind of scrawny, but I don't mind taking my defender down low and banging around a little bit to get position, but I doubt if I'd be able to push you and your horse around very much. I think that's one of the reasons that the group I play with twice a week has banned centaurs from our games. ;)

I once read a short story about guys playing a baseball game on horseback, and maybe a guy shot the ball with his revolver at the climactic play of the game, but I can't seem to find a mention of it online. Might have been written by Zane Grey, who played some college and minor league baseball.

- GT

That's pretty impressive, Dave; I can only dunk in my sweetest dreams! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm kind of scrawny, but I don't mind taking my defender down low and banging around a little bit to get position, but I doubt if I'd be able to push you and your horse around very much. I think that's one of the reasons that the group I play with twice a week has banned centaurs from our games. ;)

I once read a short story about guys playing a baseball game on horseback, and maybe a guy shot the ball with his revolver at the climactic play of the game, but I can't seem to find a mention of it online. Might have been written by Zane Grey, who played some college and minor league baseball.

- GT
Up until very recently some of the country schools had donkey basketball games. Every player was mounted on a rubber shoe wearing donkey. Great entertainment. :D

Another Rugerfullsizeoutput_1a89.jpeg

What re program the simulator never!

OK maybe a little. No height advantage then, one on one with my daughter. She's only 5' 2". $20 on Alyssa.

NRk1s7t.jpg

She has played a little competitive ball though.
How foolish do you think I am, Dave? :eek::p
I'm not playing a guy's daughter within a week of Father's Day; way too much motivation/incentive for her! :rolleyes:

But if we can agree on a date, how about these ground rules?
- Game to 21, 2s and 3s; Alyssa can choose ball and 3-point line (men's vs. women's)
- Make it, take it; gotta take ball back to 3-point line on made baskets, change of possession, or out of bounds
- Call your own fouls

Oh, yeah, since in my neck of the woods they say you can't teach height, we usually give 1 point per inch of height difference to the shorter player. Alyssa is 5'2" and I'm about 5'10" (and shrinking :(), so let's give her 8 points.
But they also say you can't teach youth, so we typically give 1 point per year of age difference to the older player. I'm 67, so unless Alyssa is older than 38, I'll have over 21 before we even start, so you can just send me that Jackson at your convenience, Dave! :D

- GT

Can I enter my son in the basketball tournament too?
He's just a band nerd, so you all shouldn't be too concerned. ;)

Full disclosure:
He's 6'5", 300 lbs, and could probably box-out Dave's horse. ;)
That made me laugh! :D:D

But what about staying on topic for the thread? What knives/guns would be sanctioned for one-on-one hoops?

- GT

I believe Ruger is coming out with a single action .22 LR revolver which retails for $250-- which means you can get it for about $200. Just a little more than a good knife. You oughta pick one up and go plinking. You have shooting ranges in Michigan, don't you? I hear Ted Nugent is from Michigan, and he shoots a lot. Lots of fun, Gary, and .22 anmo is cheap.

This was news to me until I saw your post. I have a Single Six from my Grandpa made in 1969, and a Super Bearcat from 72?? I think. Also and Single Six convertible from the early 80’s. Thought I had enough .22’s until I started looking at the Wrangler. May be room for one to leave in the truck:):)

This was news to me until I saw your post. I have a Single Six from my Grandpa made in 1969, and a Super Bearcat from 72?? I think. Also and Single Six convertible from the early 80’s. Thought I had enough .22’s until I started looking at the Wrangler. May be room for one to leave in the truck:):)
May have to get one myself. Had a Dan Wesson .22 revolver, six-inch barrel. Lot of fun. It was stolen! And ammo is so cheap, compared to .38 Special, .357 Magnum, or .45 ACP.

Up until very recently some of the country schools had donkey basketball games. Every player was mounted on a rubber shoe wearing donkey. Great entertainment. :D

I remember when I was in school the Fire Dept. vs The Police Dept. at Donkey Baseball. Hit the ball, mount up and ride around the bases. Sold out game every year.
Also "The King & His Court" four man softball team against a nine man team of locals. The Pitcher stood at second base, a catcher, first baseman, and an out fielder.

I remember when I was in school the Fire Dept. vs The Police Dept. at Donkey Baseball. Hit the ball, mount up and ride around the bases. Sold out game every year.
Also "The King & His Court" four man softball team against a nine man team of locals. The Pitcher stood at second base, a catcher, first baseman, and an out fielder
That would be awesome to watch (or participate in)! :D

Back