Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

A 1959 Winchester 94 (.30-30) and a 1987 Winchester 1924.

ZmczWur.jpg

- Stuart

1952 Ballard rifled (pre microgroove) Marlin 39a

Bought this gun 3 years ago. Came in garbage bags. Took me 3 years to find/buy/make missing parts. Slightly different internals to newer 39a’s

Once I had it working, I dropped it off atba local gunsmith that specializes in Case Hardening. This guy is a pro. Took 6 months but was worth every minute and penny. Interesting process. Parts are heated to 1800f in a crucible filled with charcoal and bone to give it the colors you see. Once the stuff is cooked to the right temp, the whole crucible is dumped into cold, well oxygenated water. The results are breathtaking

The schmootz you see on the surface is Frog Lube. I put a heavy coat on it to protect the steel from rust.

This gun is sighted in specifically for CCI Quiet ammo. Its 700fps stuff but loaded in full size LR cases so it feeds like a LR but is quieter than a .22 short

I have red Folgers cans strung up from trees all around my back yard so I can plink to my hearts delight without leaving the house

Nice job on that 39a. I still have mine that I bought used back in 1984. I have many 22's but the 39a Golden is my favorite. I've turned down some pretty nifty offers for it.

Franchi Instinct SL 20 gauge.

W2tFPr3.jpg

- Stuart

Stuart, 15 years ago Franchi had a model called the Alcione. It fit me like it was made for just me. I was set to buy one in 20 gauge, until I did my taxes and I owed the IRS almost exactly what it cost. I ended up with a Fabarms Black Lion a few years ago, but I still think about that Franchi every now and then.

Stuart, 15 years ago Franchi had a model called the Alcione. It fit me like it was made for just me. I was set to buy one in 20 gauge, until I did my taxes and I owed the IRS almost exactly what it cost. I ended up with a Fabarms Black Lion a few years ago, but I still think about that Franchi every now and then.

This one is my rabbit gun, alternated with a Beretta AL-2 semi-auto in 20 ga. (1973-1975). Come to Northern Virginia and we'll share.
- Stuart

I'm taking this Savage 99E (1964) to friend's farm today to try out some new .308 Win. ammo. Along for the ride are a Crown Cutlery Coke bottle hunter (1916-1919) and a Michael Tison small folder (1979). Although the Savage's scars were honorably earned, I may need to try my hand at refinishing the furniture - or just spend that $$ on ammo.

CYYtJsX.jpg

- Stuart

I'm taking this Savage 99E (1964) to friend's farm today to try out some new .308 Win. ammo. Along for the ride are a Crown Cutlery Coke bottle hunter (1916-1919) and a Michael Tison small folder (1979). Although the Savage's scars were honorably earned, I may need to try my hand at refinishing the furniture - or just spend that $$ on ammo.

CYYtJsX.jpg

- Stuart

The scars are beauty marks. Spend $ on the ammo, keep her fed.

Back