Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pàdruig, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Heading north to Canada. The Ruger is staying here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Beauty!
    What's your plan for getting across the border? I thought it was still closed to non-commercial traffic. Although, if you're not driving.... don't think that's a problem.
    The only reason I ask is my wife and I had been watching for it to open, anticipating a need to go up to pick up a camper up there. That went by the wayside when the manufacturer gave up and set up a delivery point in the States. But we are still watching the border.... more out of curiosity now.

3. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks, we’ll ship them USPS I’m sure.

4. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Don't I feel like a total idiot! I misread what you posted.... I thought you were headed north of the border. <facepalm>

btb01 likes this.
  5. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Its ok! Someday we'll take a roadtrip up there. An Alberta cowboy ordered the knife and sheath and the holster, as well as a folding knife sheath for a Buck 110.

[​IMG]

6. Markeologist

Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    Be mindful of Canadian knife laws as well...I was is a group crossing border last year (bringing research vessels across border) and there were issues with bringing in knives...every boatman I know carries a knife on their hip and/or flotation vest.

KnifeandEasy and scrteened porch like this.
  7. Mitt

Mitt

Aug 31, 2017
    Couple of wall hangers, a Steyr Gew.88 and a J. N. Scott damascus side by side
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Full sidelock. Love it. There were some elegant hammers on even the plainest of guns.

afishhunter and Mitt like this.
  9. ArchiveMoto

ArchiveMoto Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
  10. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    Very nice. Made in Mass., and always pronounced "Kah" and "Woosta." My dearly departed Friend Rich Healey from Foxborough taught me that one. Knice knife, too!

JB in SC likes this.
  11. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
  12. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    [​IMG]

13. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    What caliber is your #1?

14. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    That one is a 6.5x55 with the full length stock. I have a couple more in 7x57.

15. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    Hmmm.... I assume then, that you have 315 firearms so far.

315 likes this.
  16. Stan Rose

Stan Rose

Apr 8, 2011
    You, Sir, are a man of excellent taste.

315 likes this.
  17. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Thanks Stan, I’m more traditional when it comes to most of my hunting guns. I prefer wood stocks and blued metal. The No 1’s are just classy if you ask me.

J Buck, redsparrow and willard0341 like this.
  18. Stan Rose

Stan Rose

Apr 8, 2011
    That they are, and the old European cartridges are the model of efficiency. Good luck on your hunt.

315 likes this.
  19. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    No where near that:D But the safe is fullo_O I’m pretty content with the stuff I have. The 6.5 has never taken game, which is a shame, but I’m still hopeful.

hornetguy likes this.
  20. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I had to google the 6.5 Swede. Funny we already had a couple calibers so close to the 6.5 Creedmoor and nobody cared.

315 likes this.