Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Pretty sure I've posted the bearcat before, but here it was with its companion an afternoon last week.

wp-1620266284232.jpg

I basically EDC the gun, it lives in my truck, "just in case". Nice to have around, and cool too since it was my Dads.

More sorta semi modern than traditional... lockback and a poly pistol. The LCP2 has been in my pocket every day for 19 months now. Was still trying to fet along with the mini copperlock last week, but I think its still not for me, I returned it to mom, whom I borrowed it from, a couple days ago. I'll try again someday.

They were a good color coordination for the day tho!

wp-1620266284261.jpg

This attempt at an artsy shot isn't a good picture but it shows a gun and a knife, both from WWII. My father liberated the pistol on Luzon. The knife is an early Randall that belonged to a neighbor we had when I was a kid. His brother ordered it for him before he shipped out to the China/Burma theater. He passed when I was 16 or 17 and his widow gave it to me. I had no idea what it was but thank goodness my father did--he certainly kept me from doing something stupid with it. Even back then--late 70s--it had a fair bit of value.

i4eixAd.jpg

This attempt at an artsy shot isn't a good picture but it shows a gun and a knife, both from WWII. My father liberated the pistol on Luzon. The knife is an early Randall that belonged to a neighbor we had when I was a kid. His brother ordered it for him before he shipped out to the China/Burma theater. He passed when I was 16 or 17 and his widow gave it to me. I had no idea what it was but thank goodness my father did--he certainly kept me from doing something stupid with it. Even back then--late 70s--it had a fair bit of value.

i4eixAd.jpg
Great pic. Great gun and knife! My grandfather was there on Luzon. He was a foward observer with the 61st artillery. Was all over the Philippines (Leyte etc) and a year during the occupation that followed in Japan. Great bit of history you have there.

Cal, its a 270 WIN, wife bought it for me the first year we were married (rifle bought in JAN 1978). It’s on its third scope (none failed but the coatings on the cheap scopes don‘t do my aging eyes any favors). I don’t ever see rock slides here in coastal NC, it is a beanfield, woods, swamp area hunting rifle for me. Got a few scars you can see if you examine it, but like all my gear, it is cared for and properly maintained. Worse thing its endured was coming down a hardwood tree with me 35 years ago - learned the hard way not to use a climbing stand on a hardwood (no good bite) - we slid down together, the stock got a scratch and a gash. Bluing thin at the muzzle and a bit of rust at one time under the barrel (inside the stock) from hunting in the rain. BB

Back