Traditional knives and hot sauce!

Thai Curry or Tabasco Buffalo on wings
Gotta have that wicked rooster around
Not sure if the hot peppers in vinegar counts
NEVER run out of Trappeys Bull
389DEEAB-0646-4B11-B9B7-DA146439BA5B.jpeg
Im not too big into traditionals but their appeal is growing on me. I do love Tiny Toothpicks. I guess I got my love of hot sauce from my paternal grandfather, also pictured is his Imperial fish knife.

This one’s got some kick and is good on a lot of things, particularly cold pepperoni pizza. :thumbsup:

zLrXwF6.jpg

I don’t think this counts, but it sure is good stuff. :D

uc0daDY.jpg

Hopefully this hasn’t been done already.
Here are a couple of my favorites in the mild/breakfast-food category to get things started:

Great idea! I love hot sauce but somewhat of a Tabasco snob. I do happily consume others though. But I have carboys of Tabasco... :D:rolleyes:

Thai Curry or Tabasco Buffalo on wings
Gotta have that wicked rooster around
Not sure if the hot peppers in vinegar counts
NEVER run out of Trappeys Bull
View attachment 1484338
Im not too big into traditionals but their appeal is growing on me. I do love Tiny Toothpicks. I guess I got my love of hot sauce from my paternal grandfather, also pictured is his Imperial fish knife.

Some nice stuff there! I also keep the Rooster on hand and Trappey's hot pickled jalapenos are my preference when it comes to those (also always on hand).

This one’s got some kick and is good on a lot of things, particularly cold pepperoni pizza. :thumbsup:

zLrXwF6.jpg

I don’t think this counts, but it sure is good stuff. :D

uc0daDY.jpg

Spicy Whataburger ketchup is a staple in Texas! Great to see it "up North" too.:thumbsup:

I'll have to come back with a pic.

As a young man I consumed hot sauce heavily on every meal and I recall laughing when my father told me I would have to give it up someday. As always he was right and I was wrong. ;)

Great idea! I love hot sauce but somewhat of a Tabasco snob. I do happily consume others though. But I have carboys of Tabasco... :D:rolleyes:

A side note about Tabasco:
When I was a young child (7 to 9 range, maybe), we went to Louisiana to visit some family friends, and took a tour of the Tabasco facility on Avery Island while we were there. I recall there was a sort of walkway where you could go around some ponds to look at the plants and animals. My mother excitedly pointed out a beautiful egret, and at the very moment I turned to look, an alligator chomped down on it, leaving a little cloud of feathers floating for a second. She was horrified and tried to cover my eyes, but I had seen it and thought it was really cool. One of my fondest childhood memories...

LOL :eek::D My daughter loves to tell the story of her fiddling with my cutting board after slicing fresh jalapenos when she was ~3 or 4. She's 19 now and still remembers it.

A side note about Tabasco:
When I was a young child (7 to 9 range, maybe), we went to Louisiana to visit some family friends, and took a tour of the Tabasco facility on Avery Island while we were there. I recall there was a sort of walkway where you could go around some ponds to look at the plants and animals. My mother excitedly pointed out a beautiful egret, and at the very moment I turned to look, an alligator chomped down on it, leaving a little cloud of feathers floating for a second. She was horrified and tried to cover my eyes, but I had seen it and thought it was really cool. One of my fondest childhood memories...
I have been to Avery Island as well -- such a beautiful place with a great history. :thumbsup:

I’ve taken the Avery Island Tabasco tour a few times. Had a cousin get married in the flower gardens there a couple years ago.
Awesome place.

Back