Traditional knives and hot sauce!

I do like a good hot sauce. I've been making my own since I started growing peppers in the summer. I've made a few different types now.
Here's some I harvested with my peanut.
0mq1DQI.jpg

Chopping with my laguiole.
TBSxdFW.jpg

And the finished product. I strained this one for a smoother sauce. The solids make a good spicy paste. I had some on pizza for dinner today.
nKPUmeG.jpg

I do like a good hot sauce. I've been making my own since I started growing peppers in the summer. I've made a few different types now.
Here's some I harvested with my peanut.
0mq1DQI.jpg

Chopping with my laguiole.
TBSxdFW.jpg

And the finished product. I strained this one for a smoother sauce. The solids make a good spicy paste. I had some on pizza for dinner today.
nKPUmeG.jpg
Homemade is best for sure, and that looks fantastic!

WHUT? No Cholula yet? Tons of flavor, little heat. My favorite for darn near everything. I can't post pics, so envision this.... a bottle of Cholula, and my ever present Case yeller peanut.
Cholula is my favorite too. Love it on cold pizza and lots of other stuff.

Whenever I use Cholula I often think of a scene in the movie "Selena". Her boyfriend carries a bottle of Cholula in a sheath on his belt.

WHUT? No Cholula yet? Tons of flavor, little heat. My favorite for darn near everything. I can't post pics, so envision this.... a bottle of Cholula, and my ever present Case yeller peanut.
Cholula is not my personal favorite but my kids like it and it is represented in my pic above. :thumbsup::D

Last edited:
I'll play :p

The peppers were grown in our garden and eventually turned into hot sauce or slices to be used in stuff like mac & cheese. The two bottles are Firebarns hot sauce, Rum and Chipotle on the left and Original (Red and Habanero peppers)

gcEcFT8.jpg

By the way, this is a great thread! I love hot sauce and I love to try all sorts of brands. My favorite by far is "Marie Sharp's" habanero pepper sauce. This has awesome heat and has the best flavor EVER. Now, for the REALLY hot stuff heat wise: "Da Bomb" is the hottest I've ever had. There's also "Dave's Ultimate Insanity." Dave's also makes some great Scorpion and Ghost Pepper sauces. These three brands are the best on the market in my opinion. I'm real picky about good flavor, that's most important... these all have great flavor and great heat. I wish I could post pics, as I'd love to post my knives and sauces. I was real happy to see this thread, as I love knives and hot sauce. Please, post more!!!!

Back