Traditional knives and records

Nice. I grew up in a Chicago suburb, so I grew up with Dick Biondi on WLS playing all that big horn rock. The Ides of March, the Buckinghams, Earth Wind & Fire, and of course, Chicago. My dad saw pretty much all of them when he was a teen. He said a lot of them really sucked live because they didn't actually have horn sections, but just used them in the studio for the records. Often, it was the players from Chicago that backed up the other bands.
When I was in high school in Michigan, 1965-1969, everybody in the Midwest seemed to listen to WLS (Larry Lujack, Fred Winston, John Records Landecker, etc.). Until your post, I'd forgotten about the Ides of March and "Vehicle" (and I never knew what a romantic backstory the song actually has until I googled it this week :rolleyes:).The Buckinghams were REALLY on a hot streak for a while, maybe in 1967; was that national or just a WLS/Midwest thing? I think the Chicago LP I posted came from my wife; I'm quite sure the only one I own is their first, when they were still the Chicago Transit Authority.

Here's another "Who's This?" quiz, that I think is pretty easy. Who is it, and for fun, what's your favorite cut on it?
disguised.jpg

- GT

Yeah, "Vehicle" definitely has some creepy lyrics, when you pay attention to them, especially for such an upbeat, energetic jam.

I forgot I had this one. Big smile when I found it. Back in high school I knew this girl who really liked Joan Jet and........:)

The blade belonged to my father. After WW2 he lived the biker life for awhile. The guys carried razors in addition to a regular folding/fixed blade. He gave up the Harley but continued to carry a razor for most of the rest of his life.
I thought it was appropriate for JJ.
ivxwD02.jpg

How did he carry the razor to protect himself from an accidental slice? Thx

When I was in high school in Michigan, 1965-1969, everybody in the Midwest seemed to listen to WLS (Larry Lujack, Fred Winston, John Records Landecker, etc.). Until your post, I'd forgotten about the Ides of March and "Vehicle" (and I never knew what a romantic backstory the song actually has until I googled it this week :rolleyes:).The Buckinghams were REALLY on a hot streak for a while, maybe in 1967; was that national or just a WLS/Midwest thing? I think the Chicago LP I posted came from my wife; I'm quite sure the only one I own is their first, when they were still the Chicago Transit Authority.

Here's another "Who's This?" quiz, that I think is pretty easy. Who is it, and for fun, what's your favorite cut on it?
View attachment 924619

- GT

Kris Kristofferson

How did he carry the razor to protect himself from an accidental slice? Thx
He said back in the day they carried them in their socks. That’s about all I know. He didn’t speak much about those days or the war.
My parents split up late in the first grade so I didn’t see him a lot. Wished I had some great stories to tell but it didn’t turn out that way.

My wife is/was a big Neil Diamond fan, and has at least a couple of albums. I think he wrote lots of catchy tunes (maybe "I'm a Believer", made famous by The Monkees, is my favorite), but I never bought any of his records.

This is my nominee for one of the goofiest, most awkward album covers of all time:
diamond.hotaugnite.jpg

- GT

He said back in the day they carried them in their socks. That’s about all I know. He didn’t speak much about those days or the war.
My parents split up late in the first grade so I didn’t see him a lot. Wished I had some great stories to tell but it didn’t turn out that way.

Thanks for the info. I've read and been told by my uncle, a cop, about carrying a straight razor but couldn't figure out how to do it w/o hurting yourself. I'll bet they peened the pivot pin to make the razor tightly closed and then slipped it in their sock behind the ankle. Back then men wore real sox that went up your calf :)

Very nice trio of records, and superior knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm ashamed to admit that I took a while to figure out what the top album was, before realizing that the letters were "sideways". Little Feat's "Waiting for Columbus" used to be one of my all time favorites, even though I probably haven't listened to it for almost 25 years now!

Works like the album below used to be called "rock operas", I think.
jcsuperstar.jpg

- GT

Very nice trio of records, and superior knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm ashamed to admit that I took a while to figure out what the top album was, before realizing that the letters were "sideways". Little Feat's "Waiting for Columbus" used to be one of my all time favorites, even though I probably haven't listened to it for almost 25 years now!

Works like the album below used to be called "rock operas", I think.
View attachment 926913

- GT
rc

Thanks!

I dug those out for the pics. Haven't had needle to those, or any LP's, for years.

Little Feat were great. I did spent the next 45min listening to and downloading a bunch of Janis Joplin after pulling those out..

Rock opera's...?..Tommy and Rocky Horror Picture Show...not sure if the latter qualifies as a rock opera...more like a rock soap opera..

Twisted Sister.....You're worthless and weak!
A twisted sister pin! On your uniform?!
Classic.
20180716_103640.jpg

I got this for my sister's birthday present.
It will of course be hidden behind this when she unwrap...snicker snicker.
20180716_103740.jpg

20180716_103718.jpg

Not many would be aware of Rods older cousin Redd.

Back