Traditional mug shots

Tom, I grew mine specifically for hunting season, and it was so itchy it was a detriment. It's hard to sit quietly when your face and neck are tickling the heck out of you! But the "camo" seemed to work, as the buck walked to within 18 yards of me sitting on the ground without any blind, and gave me a broadside shot.

When the beard itches, wash it with soap and water. After a few weeks the itching goes away. Likely hard to do in camp, but you should grow it before you go camping.

I don't have a pic more recent than those I've already posted.

Yup, need more love for the beards!

i8BOekY.jpg

And brisket poutine ;)

My most recent photo, and the last beard I will ever grow! (Way too itchy, and it's gone now.)

lol Jeff I grew a playoff beard for the first time ever last year for the Blues playoff run, and by the middle of the tournament had vowed to never grow one again. WAY too itchy for my tastes. And then the Blues pulled it off :), so I am committed to the itch going forward.
I grow a beard twice a year, October til Christmas and New Year's til April. Just keep it clean and oil it...like a knife.
ZCaMjE2.jpg

The beach is about 6 blocks from my house! Someone smoothed out this driftwood "bowl"
years ago where you can sit, and turn to face the sun!!
I've had my beard since about 1969.
My kids (47, 45 and 38 years!) have never seen my chin!!:D
Charlie at the Beach.jpg
Downtown Vancouver is in the background!!

:D:D Kind of amusing and ironic that on a Forum devoted to sharp edges etc so many Beardies here;) I follow the Roman attitude and thankful to Mr King Camp Gillette (a rather odd name these days:D but a formidable entrepreneur ) for making shaving safe and out of the hands of others. I use the old school DE edge blades&safety razor/brush far cheaper than the cartridge gel ripoff of the last few decades.

Oh yeah, here's my 'mug' ;)

I8fqckx.jpg

:D:D Kind of amusing and ironic that on a Forum devoted to sharp edges etc so many Beardies here;) I follow the Roman attitude and thankful to Mr King Camp Gillette (a rather odd name these days:D but a formidable entrepreneur ) for making shaving safe and out of the hands of others. I use the old school DE edge blades&safety razor/brush far cheaper than the cartridge gel ripoff of the last few decades.

Oh yeah, here's my 'mug' ;)

I8fqckx.jpg

I'm with Will on this one. I can't stand dealing with the food in my beard so I shave daily, with an old DE (I mostly use a 1940s style Super Speed that was made in 1953, but sometimes other Gillettes that range up into 1960s vintage), a boar brush historically but my brother just sent me a Maggard synthetic that is proving its mettle, and a variety of good shaving soaps. Besides, my wife is very clear on the subject - she hates it when I have a beard. She always wins that argument.

Besides, my wife is very clear on the subject - she hates it when I have a beard. She always wins that argument.

Mine does the opposite....threatens me if discuss shaving it all off.

I've rocked the beard for 12 years now. I usually let it go pretty long over the winter and I'll keep it at a number 4 or 6 over the warmer months.

My kids never never seen me without it. Hell it's been so long now I'm not sure what I'd look like without it!

My chin is getting pretty grey these days.... definitely makes it more noticeable the longer it gets

My chin is getting pretty grey these days.... definitely makes it more noticeable the longer it gets

I have a little gray on my head. My late uncle went completely gray headed in his 30's but still had full hair. Gray usually starts early in my family.

I have a little gray on my head. My late uncle went completely gray headed in his 30's but still had full hair. Gray usually starts early in my family.

Same way with my mom's people...my mom was completely grey when she was my age so I consider myself pretty lucky. I think her dad was in his 20s when he went completely white.

I have kept my head buzz cut since 1999 so my grey is not noticeable on my head. When it gets long though I can see it quite clearly as the light catches it differently.

Still, I'll take that as long as my hair line holds up!!

Back