Traditional mug shots

Knives are style yes, beards need styling :D

Found out a fun fact that beards host 14x more bacteria than a dog's coat:eek: all the dogs I've come across are less than keen on bathing but love rolling in questionable materials....just to put it into perspective :cool:

Found out a fun fact that beards host 14x more bacteria than a dog's coat:eek: all the dogs I've come across are less than keen on bathing but love rolling in questionable materials....just to put it into perspective :cool:

You don't like patina on carbon steel, you don't like bacteria in facial hair. Don't tell me that you don't like mold on your cheese, either!?

Great buck! Our head wear is the same LOL!

Here's a new pic of me and my son crabbing at Bodega Bay. This one was a female with a bunch of eggs. She got tossed back into the water.
IydpkEW.png

Access to jetty via Doran Park, eh?

You don't like patina on carbon steel, you don't like bacteria in facial hair. Don't tell me that you don't like mold on your cheese, either!?

WRONG!:D All blue cheese is good, some better than others and I like game meat too:cool: Do you actually like bacteria in facial hair then?;)

Patina is OK except it leads to rust and as historians know, The Black Death was spread not by rattus rattus/norvegicus but by beards:D

While I really enjoy knives, my true passion is 1960s car racing and surfing. My vehicle bucket list has included both a vintage Shelby notchback racer as well as a period Ford ramp bed truck...my two dream vehicles were parked side by side at this years Monterey Historics. The last couple years I have also had a surfboard displayed at the California Surf Museum. A Circe 1966 Hobie with Vietnam-era combat patches imbedded into board back in the day. The museum built a replica of the original China Beach Surf Club shack and my board was part of display. The opening of the show was a very emotional event with a number of Vietnam veterans sharing their stories of how these brief breaks from “the front” to surf, drink, and chase nurses at China Beach or similar installations got them through the war. upload_2020-1-4_17-8-18.jpegupload_2020-1-4_17-11-34.jpeg

WRONG!:D All blue cheese is good, some better than others and I like game meat too:cool: Do you actually like bacteria in facial hair then?;)

Patina is OK except it leads to rust and as historians know, The Black Death was spread not by rattus rattus/norvegicus but by beards:D

Perfect. I was hoping you wouldn't balk at fine cheeses. My beard grows more sparsely and slowly than even David's, but I've tried a few times. I have one right now, but it isn't worth a picture. I don't mind a little bacteria in my beard, if it happens to be leftover blue cheese.

Taken about a month or so ago.

ldQfN69h.jpg

Goin’ for that futuristic monochromatic feel.

Very cool Ted, I think I've seen you in one of the Mad Max films ;) :cool: :thumbsup:

Yup, need more love for the beards!

i8BOekY.jpg

And brisket poutine ;)

Great pic Mike (that looks tasty)! :D :thumbsup:

The beach is about 6 blocks from my house! Someone smoothed out this driftwood "bowl"
years ago where you can sit, and turn to face the sun!!
I've had my beard since about 1969.
My kids (47, 45 and 38 years!) have never seen my chin!!:D
View attachment 1258928
Downtown Vancouver is in the background!!

Fantastic pic Charlie :) :) :thumbsup:

Very cool guys!

The family's nickname for me is Chief Greybeard:

DCAkRQc.jpg

But I often do just the stache:

xVLtZav.jpg

Heck ya'd think I only have one wildrag. Got a whole drawer full. Honest, we make em and sell em too.

You're the coolest Dave! :D Great 'stache buddy :cool: :thumbsup:

Go on Will, say it, "Dirt Trap"!! :D :thumbsup:

I had a beard briefly when I was ill last Christmas, but I have been clean-shaven for years now. I did leave side-whiskers when I shaved at the start of the year though. They change a little from week to week (grow pretty fast, and I chop them back), but I've kept them. This is the most recent pic I have, taken before Christmas, very rare for me to be without my flat-cap :D :thumbsup:

339aleY.jpg

What's your source? May not be a fact at all. :D

:cool: I said 'fun fact';) but it was one of those appalling click-bait inanities along the lines of '10 Awesome Positives U never knew about growing a beard'...yes, the 14x bacteria was deemed positive:D I can believe it though. The Black Death and beards is entirely solid however only the 1% mega elite could afford razors and not too many of them died off (as usual:rolleyes:)

:cool: I said 'fun fact';) but it was one of those appalling click-bait inanities along the lines of '10 Awesome Positives U never knew about growing a beard'...yes, the 14x bacteria was deemed positive:D I can believe it though. The Black Death and beards is entirely solid however only the 1% mega elite could afford razors and not too many of them died off (as usual:rolleyes:)
Excellent demonstration on how misinformation gets spread as fact.:eek::rolleyes::D

Back