• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Traditional Sharpening Services

Welcome to Traditional Sharpening,

My sharpening service offers the art of hand sharpening for a wide range of edged tools. Using the finest Japanese waterstones and diamond hones I bring you the exceptional sharpness that comes with a hand honed edge. I offer "factory like" machine edges for more economical sharpening and repair needs, Standard hand sharpening for an intro to hand sharpening and Premium Hand Sharpening for Modern PM steels and when you want to show off your blade. From pocket knives to meat grinder blades and everything between there are very few things I have not sharpened. Schedule your sharpening today to experience the hand honed difference.

For Basic sharpening needs I offer machine sharpening. Machine sharpening offers a factory like edge but with more TLC to assure sharpness.

: Machine Sharpening is $5 per blade up to 8in, $10 for 8 inches and over.
: Major tip repair or reshaping +$2

: Standard Hand Sharpening is $15 for blades up to 6 inches and $20 for blades 6 inches and over.

: Premium Hand Sharpening is for Particle Metallurgy (PM) steels, finer blade finishes and Convex Sharpening.

Pricing will begin at $20 each. (expect longer turnaround for this option)

: Razor Honing
$20
:
Razor chip repair +$5

: Tradition Pocket knives
These start at $10 with each additional blade adding $5

: Kitchen Knives (specifically Japanese knives)
$10 for blades <8in
• $20 for blades >8in
Broken tips and heavily chipped edges +$5

Single bevel Japanese Traditional blades: $4 per inch. Damaged blades to be assessed individually.

For sharpening services or questions on sharpening feel free to email me at,
traditionalsharpening@gmail.com

Thanks,
Jason

(Payment for services can be made through PayPal, Money Order, or with Credit Card, no personal checks)

Last edited:
Would like to highly recommend Jason. I just recently sent him 4 fixed blade knives for sharpening on water-stones. WOW!! Those four knives have the sharpest blades I have ever owned or seen. Could not have been more pleased. Jason will keep in communication with you during the sharpening process, explaining just what he is doing to your knife, and when he is done your knives will be promptly returned. Thank you, Jason!!

Did you sharpen the swedge on the Scrapyard in the pic above? what about the regrind on the benchmade?

Did you sharpen the swedge on the Scrapyard in the pic above? what about the regrind on the benchmade?

Yes, the edge and the swedge were both sharpened on a Naniwa 2k green brick. I used the JRE sharpening block to convex grind the primary grind.

Who are you?

It's a question I silently ask myself every so often. I receive a lot of emails and often your email name is all I have to go on unless you clearly identify yourself. Many times your real name, your email ID, and your paypal ID are all different which causes me to sort through emails trying to find clues as to Who You Are.

Please sign you emails and messages so I know whom I am speaking with and let me know if you have any aliases.

Payment of services is something I have tried to simplify over the years. I send a invoice at the completion of services along with payment options. With today's simplicity of PayPal it is the most common used option, again, please let me know who you are. Also, please send to the PayPal address I give you.

Traditionalsharpening @ gmail dot com is NOT my PayPal address.

Thanks,
Jason

Just got my knives back from Jason today and all I can say is wow! His work is top notch. I highly recommend him if you want some scary sharp knives.

Would like to chime in with my awesome experience. I had a custom that needed significant work including some issues with a very thick grind in one area. Jason put an incredible edge on it and went above and beyond taking down the problem area to give me as much cutting length as possible. Very quick turnaround and he shipped back to me before I had even sent payment.

Thanks again Jason - very pleased.

Back