Traditionals and Cast Iron Cookware

Who made that piece? Looks kind of A. Wright and sons-ish... I really like the handle.
You are quite correct, it is an A.Wright stag spearpoint. It is a latest addition, i had it made to order. When i got it i was not disappointed it was the stock standard grey A Wright stag, not great but what i have seen posted and expecting. But i have many A Wright knives and one thing i have learned is the handles come filthy, they must just sit around in the factory gathering metal dust, so i always clean any knife i buy from them, so keep that in mind if you ever buy from them. Any way once cleaned, it is like a completely different knife, the stag looks fantastic, it has a yellow tinge through it instead of being the dull grey color. It is just a really nice knife and not expensive for what you get. Here is a couple of shots of the metal gunk that came out of the scales and another shot of the thickness of the stag. I do not normally like thick handles, but this feels really nice in the hand, and is a really good EDC work knife. Thanks for asking.:thumbsup::).
zk37kb1.jpg

Zap7x5d.jpg

kNfrLop.jpg

Better throw in a Cast Iron cooking implement.:rolleyes:.
bs1yKaU.jpg

You are quite correct, it is an A.Wright stag spearpoint. It is a latest addition, i had it made to order. When i got it i was not disappointed it was the stock standard grey A Wright stag, not great but what i have seen posted and expecting. But i have many A Wright knives and one thing i have learned is the handles come filthy, they must just sit around in the factory gathering metal dust, so i always clean any knife i buy from them, so keep that in mind if you ever buy from them. Any way once cleaned, it is like a completely different knife, the stag looks fantastic, it has a yellow tinge through it instead of being the dull grey color. It is just a really nice knife and not expensive for what you get. Here is a couple of shots of the metal gunk that came out of the scales and another shot of the thickness of the stag. I do not normally like thick handles, but this feels really nice in the hand, and is a really good EDC work knife. Thanks for asking.:thumbsup::).
zk37kb1.jpg

Zap7x5d.jpg

kNfrLop.jpg

Better throw in a Cast Iron cooking implement.:rolleyes:.
bs1yKaU.jpg

That is very nice and even stag compared to some I've seen on their knives. I do own one from them, a small lambsfoot in rosewood that to put it mildly had a few issues when I received it. I'm thawing some lamb chops by the wood stove right now to get up later, maybe I'll have a double lamb photo op (that is if I don't have to go push any more snow...).

Shows you how much i know.o_Oo_O:confused::rolleyes:.:thumbsup:;).

There's lots of folks here that use a shovel... My brother and I have contracts for snow removal for around 20 locations, keeps us busy when Lake Erie spews her vitriol.

Found these old pics in an email sent to me, thought that all of you who like and use Cast Iron would find them interesting. The generations that went before us usually only had cast iron pots and pans at their disposal. But those old kitchens must have gotten so hot in Summer, they were just tough back then, my parents generation were the last of that "Just get on with it breed".:thumbsup::).
5sv2QXR.jpg

dUzAoEZ.jpg

Yeah the thought of a wood fire all summer isn't very fun... That's why I have a grill on the deck. :D

Back