Traditionals and Cast Iron Cookware

Some of my homemade burgers with secret herbs and spices, cooked these last night for all American members of the Cast Iron Club for Memorial Day. 🤝

wp60PWI.jpg

gd9SfiX.jpg
Ok to post w/o a traditional in the photo? For what it’s worth I love this thread, possibly one of my favorites on BF. Nothing beats cast iron over flame. Tonight’s dinner, sadly missing mushrooms🍄
Yes OK. We all forget sometimes. You obviously like a good steak. What is the cut of the steak, hard to tell from photos sometimes. And you are quite correct, this is one of the hidden gem threads on the forum. :thumbsup: :):):);).

Yes OK. We all forget sometimes. You obviously like a good steak. What is the cut of the steak, hard to tell from photos sometimes. And you are quite correct, this is one of the hidden gem threads on the forum. :thumbsup: :):):);).

I’m not sure if my new Isham Blackstar would be “traditional “ enough to be included…
The steaks were sirloins, almost look like Ribeye, and turned out rather nicely…
I’m still learning and having some fun at it…

Last edited:
I’m not sure if my new Isham Blackstar would be “traditional “ enough to be included…
The steaks were sirloins, almost look like Ribeye, and turned out rather nicely…
I’m still learning and having some fun at it…
Have a look at " Cowboy Kent Rollins " on YouTube. Has some good stuff on all things cast iron. :)
Here's Cowboy Kent Rollins cooking a filet in cast iron and oven. I did follow his recipe on several filets and try it on a boneless ribeye. The filets were great the ribeye not so much. I'll stick with the filet. :thumbsup:
45eHknK.jpg

zDFfda2.jpg

Here's Cowboy Kent Rollins cooking a filet in cast iron and oven. I did follow his recipe on several filets and try it on a boneless ribeye. The filets were great the ribeye not so much. I'll stick with the filet. :thumbsup:
45eHknK.jpg

zDFfda2.jpg
What happened to the Rib - Eye ?

What happened to the Rib - Eye ?
It was not tender and tasty as the filet. My guess is different cut of meat and ribeye was not as thick, so might have been over cooked. The ribeye was grass fed Wagyu and angus cross. The filet 'regular' commercial fare. My tastes just might favor that.

It was not tender and tasty as the filet. My guess is different cut of meat and ribeye was not as thick, so might have been over cooked. The ribeye was grass fed Wagyu and angus cross. The filet 'regular' commercial fare. My tastes just might favor that.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

To make up for my previous transgression 😄…steak salad for me and the Mrs…

Probably my most used traditional, love a good stockman. Happy 4th of July USA 🇺🇸 BF members!!

FLkCLdX.jpg
Nice stockman, but fantastic looking steak. You have a good 4th of July.🤝:)

To make up for my previous transgression 😄…steak salad for me and the Mrs…

Probably my most used traditional, love a good stockman. Happy 4th of July USA 🇺🇸 BF members!!
Everything is nice...photo, steaks, stockman and skillet. Love my Stargazer!

Back