Traditionals and Cast Iron Cookware

Could you tell me more about your pan there? I'm familiar with most of the old american companies, but I'm intrigued by that stamp.

Away from home at the moment so can't remember;) It's a Swedish pan I bought at the turn of the century, very heavy of course and gets used a lot, but I don't often look underneath:D Also have a gridle pan from the same company that does meat & salmon steaks very nicely:thumbsup:

I'll look it up later:D

Beef shanks braised in the cast iron and then slow baked:

9y6hKF2.jpg

I sometimes almost think your sheathes are almost better than your knives.

afoQ8n8.jpg

Couple of our own grassfed ribeyes:

lmXW6FK.jpg

On the Blackstone. Made that fork as part of a carving set years ago:

n9dzJUz.jpg

hcaIPvo.jpg

4MCZMmo.jpg

Couple of my knives manning the "Baby" Blackstone:

Q9oymOO.jpg

KZe7gWW.jpg

orO04oc.jpg
Your leather is almost better than your knives.

I'm keeping an eye out for carbon steel skillets. I saw a stack of them at an antique mall, and thought, "Hmph. They're not cast iron." No, they're lighter weight, with a finer-grained surface texture, and are similarly seasonable.

Black steel pans are a pro choice for saute work worldwide. Matfer is a good brand.

Last edited:
I assume the occasional carbon steel skillet mixed in is ok as well?
View attachment 1296379
All good as far as I'm concerned...
I'm keeping an eye out for carbon steel skillets. I saw a stack of them at an antique mall, and thought, "Hmph. They're not cast iron." No, they're lighter weight, with a finer-grained surface texture, and are similarly seasonable.
I've never thought about them myself, learned to do everything in cast iron. The only thing I use stainless for is boiling noodles and potatoes.
Black steel pans are a pro choice for saute work worldwide. Matfer is a good brand.
Gonna have to try and find one now so I can give it a whirl...15834169497841723668717.jpg

All good as far as I'm concerned...

I've never thought about them myself, learned to do everything in cast iron. The only thing I use stainless for is boiling noodles and potatoes.

Gonna have to try and find one now so I can give it a whirl...View attachment 1296566
That’s what this one is a matfer bourgeat it’s a 10 1/2 I’m going to get a 12 5/8 soon so I can use it more, the only problem with them is the season can come off pretty easily with tomato based sauces it seems to me at least and I use the lodge more often since it’s larger, other than that I really like them.

Wild Willie Wild Willie Just got in long day... It's a RONAB - SVERIGE (Sweden)

Here's some more white-hot contents in it, these don't stick :D from top Bone, Micarta, Delrin, MOP

LJk6iVK.jpg
Thanks Will, I'll have to look around and see if I can find any. Another beautiful dish there.:thumbsup:

My 10", my griddle, and my most used kitchen blades.

I was getting by with just the 10", but the griddle is sure to be a real game changer with it's grill side, and I'll be picking up a 12" here soon.
You just can't beat Lodge for the money.
A nice 2 burner griddle also makes throwing together grilled cheese for a family way easier... Especially when a bucket load of cream of tomato soup is involved... :D

Hey Grampa....Whats for supper?
Pan fried johnny cakes with sausage links and a mess of taters on a 18x9 deep griddle made sometime in the 19th century.
9giKGSq.jpg

With a proper application of maple syrup of course...
mSuvtOt.jpg

Couple fried eggs with that and it’d be perfect. Man I love breakfast for dinner! Got that same bamboo cutting board.

Pan fried johnny cakes with sausage links and a mess of taters on a 18x9 deep griddle made sometime in the 19th century.
9giKGSq.jpg

mSuvtOt.jpg
Most excellent, that's a very nice griddle!:thumbsup:

A nice 2 burner griddle also makes throwing together grilled cheese for a family way easier... Especially when a bucket load of cream of tomato soup is involved... :D
I don't do tomato soup but my grilled cheese sandwiches don't really go with any kind of soup, they do go especially well with fries or chips though.
Garlic butter, ham, American, and mozzarella on American or french bread if I want a crispier sandwich.

That's my standard grilled cheese, but I also like to make the " special "
Garlic butter on white, deli ham, bacon, 4 fried mozzarella sticks, two fried chicken tenders, and a slice of American.
Not something you wanna eat too often and I don't make 'em that often but I sure do love 'em.

9giKGSq.jpg

mSuvtOt.jpg

That sure looks good - I could hear my arteries snapping shut just looking at the picture! Nice Bird & Trout in the photo as well - what brand and model is it (as old as the griddle)? OH

Back