Traditionals from all over the world

Klaas Act. Kissing Cranes c.1950s Germany. All stainless and Horn Shadow, single spring 2 blades

xBvTPgV.jpg

This one is for @Wurrwulf, a galore of horn handles :

Hk9Btnf.jpg

From top to bottom :
1) Artisanal shepherd knife from Marrakech (Morroco) : a slab of stainless steel inserted in a slab of ram horn. Quite the unique piece. It was gifted by a nephew and intended as a project. Yes... I'm still thinking over it.
2) A very nice sheepsfoot damascus blade clad in cow horn by Couteaux d'Ile de France.
3) A classic 3 piece Laguiole with brass bolster and pommel... and cow horn tip scales.
4) An Aurillac by Fontenille-Pataud with very pure black buffalo horn scales. So pure, some blockheads exclaim "hey, this is a bit much for black plastic scales !". Get lost...
5) A St Amand pattern by a young cutler from Celles sur Durolle (next to Thiers), cow horn tip scales, of course. The affinity with the Solsona Comun is obvious. Northern Spain and central France interacted vividly in the 19th century, hence the Laguiole and maybe... the St Amand.
6) A Florinox hunter with corkscrew and saw. A solid knife which can stand in for many others...

Last edited:
Cheap Spanish knives that have very thin blades and cut like demons.
1zeurya.jpg

Surprised I haven’t seen a Nontron knife here yet. Pretty much the same as an Opinel but much older.
2z82mia.jpg
I like those Spanish knives. Where can you buy them in the US?

I like those Spanish knives. Where can you buy them in the US?

I’m not sure if you can. I bought them from a Spanish dealer. If you buy internationally, make sure you make it worth your while.... shipping is expensive.

jstrange jstrange I also left you a visitor message with the website of where I purchased those Pallares Solsona knives. They will probably be cheaper than the US website and you'll have a much broader choice of handle material along with carbon or stainless blades. I've ordered from there on several occasions and don't recall the shipping costs being all that outrageous.

*Forgot to mention that they are available as slip joint and friction folders. The springs on these are nice and strong/snappy. That middle micarta one in my photo is awesome.

Last edited:
Wow ! That's nice ! A Jagdnicker with tools... Beautiful knife !

This is international to say the least... A leukku (a Saami pattern) crafted by a Nepalese bladesmith (Himalayan Imports). I like this knife a lot because it's a bit strange and at the same time it's extremely handy. Among my best everyday users, for sure. If I could hang out more in the woods, this would be on top of the list.
9TJvsHk.jpg

Lovin' the PUUKKO dc50- I'm in a puukko frame of mind these days as you can see :)

Here is one from - I believe - WWII era Philipines. High on my knife project list to recondition this knife & sheath and make usable again. It is a very elegant and cool knife.

Ray

Last edited:
Back