TRAPPER TUESDAY

Q7T3hHT.jpg

Red, mine is actually the big boy, the #23, and the lock has zero play. I suspect it had gone back to the factory before I bought it second hand, because the tang is not flush. Maybe this was done to cure some play in the lock, don't know?

AvwQg0H.jpg

rKO05Ot.jpg
Ooops:oops:, hard tellin' the 73s and 23s apart. I've never had a 23, think I'd like to try one someday. Yours is really a looker!

Not sure about the tang Jeff. I saw a 73L which had a tang that wasn't flush. It looked similar to your picture. It had not been returned for correction, must have come that way. As long as they work,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The liner lock 73s are a tiny bit wider than the non-lockers. For me that additional width makes for a slightly better feel in hand. I like the placement of the lock release, improves grip but doesn't intrude. I bought my first 73L only because all the non-lockers were sold out. Now a locker would probably be my first choice.

Tried to find this Trapper thread on Tuesday, and it took until today!!
Just kidding, but it was way back on page 9!!:rolleyes:
I have been wanting to show off this Trapper since we looked at #42s some days ago; this is the #43 Oregon Trapper. It is very slightly narrower than the #42, both in overall width, and in the thickness of the blade, but is the same length!
It is the inaugural version, with the "PPP" on the blade, and is dressed in a nice Frontier bone. Lighter, to carry around, and open mail, but still robust enough to skin a deer!!:eek:
Not a bad choice if you could only have just one!!;)Oregon 431118 A.jpg Oregon 431118 B.jpg Oregon 431118 C.jpg

I recently acquired this Schrade Walden trapper, that appeared to be mint...the fit and finish on it is as good as any of the GEC's I've bought.
I knew that I liked the feel of it, that it just seemed to fit in my hand nicely. For kicks, I compared it to my two Case trappers, and it turned out this Schrade is the "goldilocks" of trappers... right in between the two sizes that Case makes. (not counting the tiny trapper, of course)
I like this one a lot. I carry it quite often, without it feeling too large, or slightly too small... just right.

j2vjx3.jpg
j2viSF.jpg

j8qUyb.jpg
j8qFnT.jpg

I recently acquired this Schrade Walden trapper, that appeared to be mint...the fit and finish on it is as good as any of the GEC's I've bought.
I knew that I liked the feel of it, that it just seemed to fit in my hand nicely. For kicks, I compared it to my two Case trappers, and it turned out this Schrade is the "goldilocks" of trappers... right in between the two sizes that Case makes. (not counting the tiny trapper, of course)
I like this one a lot. I carry it quite often, without it feeling too large, or slightly too small... just right.

j2vjx3.jpg
j2viSF.jpg

j8qUyb.jpg
j8qFnT.jpg
I like it... really a nice size. :cool::thumbsup:

hornetguy hornetguy what model is that schrade trapper? I am going to have to find myself one. That is beautiful i really like how both nail nicks are at the end of the blades.

hornetguy hornetguy what model is that schrade trapper? I am going to have to find myself one. That is beautiful i really like how both nail nicks are at the end of the blades.

It has 293 stamped on the tang of the main blade.
edit: apparently they called it a dog-leg trapper, or a serpentine trapper

Back