TRAPPER TUESDAY

2010 Northfield Red Stag
fyezPuc.jpg

TRAPPERS??? I like trappers!!!!

Couple o' GEC 73s:
cqPdjVo.jpg

Couple o' Canal St.:
QRnItoi.jpg

A favorite oldie KA-BAR that was once disintegrating cracked ice celluloid, now recovered in vintage stag:
bPZB0M0.jpg

YDWIO3C.jpg

Couple o' GEC 48s in stag and ram's horn:
vWyTRTe.jpg

And this beauty I had spruced up by Muskrat Man with elk and filework:
u4y4KVj.jpg

Aggeook.jpg

I sold it off for knife inventory funds for the store, and about a year ago I happened upon it in the Exchange; was very happy to re-unite, so thanks to the seller!
yvhvDyj.jpg

Here's my Rough Rider trapper. This is the first RR that I bought. My only real complaint is that the nail nick on the clip blade is too shallow, making it difficult to open unless I open the spey blade first so that I can sort of use my thumbnail and pinch the blade at the same time. It doesn't help that the clip blade is a bit stiff, which is consistent with my complaint that the biggest issue I have with RRs is inconsistent pull between copies of the same pattern as well as between blades on the same knife. Overall a nice knife and a real bargain considering the price.

44622451751_fee5544c9d_b.jpg

I have piles of trappers.. I'll filter them in a few at a time to keep the thread fresh. I like them as much or more than stockmans among traditional patterns. The big fat swaybelly Queens and the full and midsize 2 blade types are my favorite.

For now, heres a recycle pic from the orange knife thread..
Z9ttgA3.jpg

This is the largest production model trapper that I am aware of, made by Carl Schlieper from Solingen, Germany in the 1950s.

View attachment 987901
That's a big one all right! Wonder what they were trapping. ??? :eek:;)
Looks not only uniquely large but of high quality which makes it interesting and certainly cool. :cool:

Thanks, sparrow, and both are 3⅞" closed as well, my favorite size.
My favorite size for a trapper too, Jeff. I like my 4 1/4" but I'm happiest with and carry a 3 7/8" most often when I choose a trapper for the day. Yours are good as they get. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a couple of trappers, yes.

BC2727D1-B223-4E70-8C51-0FBCE5F205B5 by jim nevill, on Flickr

Got this one for my 40th, it has the date on it.

9CBB4558-D085-47DD-BBC2-8B64554DECBA by jim nevill, on Flickr

Got this one because I am related to the man, according to my family book, and I will not let peer pressure scare me.

3DFB130D-D62F-4CDA-BCFE-C714DB6713DF by jim nevill, on Flickr

Got this one because, who doesn’t love bears!

D6B6677B-22DB-4555-B0DB-6819F6764FFD by jim nevill, on Flickr

John Wayne was the baddest of them all, he had cancer, had 2 ribs and a lung removed, 4 months later filmed The Sons of Katie Elder and did all his own stunts to prove he was healthy.
You know, you're right! (Although I bet he had a stuntman take the fall when he goes over the balcony with Forrest Tucker in Chisum.) The Duke was the greatest! And can't watch The Shootist without getting emotional.

Back