Trash 2 Coming Wednesday May 13, 2020 at 9:00 pm Eastern

Awesome!

This is a bit out of place but looking for some advice.

So I recently received a Green Micarta/Black Rucki. Love it. Too much apparently. I must have hit a knot in a stump by my fireplace. I managed to roll a good inch of the blade. Catches my fingernail easy. I'd say it is at least 0.5 mm of roll.

I just learning to sharpen. Have all the tools but minimal experience.

Question is, is there any other option other than filing off the damage?

The edge won't be so pretty (straight) but it will still cut the same. Just feeling kinda dumb being that the Rucki has not even been out in the yard yet. No biggie but doesn't hurt to ask. Was thinking of using pliers or something on that line to roll it back.
I'm thinking if I did that it would just roll back.
Yes! If you have access to a SMOOTH knife steel, then use that to realign the edge. If a smooth steel is not available, try using a round screwdriver shaft (use a larger diameter shaft). Removing steel should be the last option tried.

I am going with bronze on this one. Just love the way it looks after a little wear.
Garth

Finally got around to it. You are a genius. Thanks!. Vice plus round shaft of screwdriver. Easier than I thought. Now Arkansas rod and strop. Back in business. Thanks again.

Drew

Yes! If you have access to a SMOOTH knife steel, then use that to realign the edge. If a smooth steel is not available, try using a round screwdriver shaft (use a larger diameter shaft). Removing steel should be the last option tried.
Finally got around to it. You are a genius. Thanks!. Vice plus round shaft of screwdriver. Easier than I thought. Now Arkansas rod and strop. Back in business. Thanks again.

Drew

You're welcome; I'm glad it worked ok! :thumbsup:
I was just passing along what someone told me a long time ago.

One of my all time favorite Camp Knives

Wix9JeF.jpg

WkhSrHe.jpg

I hope they go up for sale on the sight after the initial release is completed since I missed out on this one.

Well fellow mad men,
I finally have my first Busse(kin).
Anxious to test it and the thunderstorm is only making it worse. Anyways,
let the madness consume me...

Forest Green Coating on mine.

Got my two waitingIn a box for me when I got home from work last night.

Just for curiosity, I compared the weight of the Trash 2 to the AR9.5: (both Bronze coated; weighted on my reliable OXO digital kitchen scale)

Trash2 = 458g or 16-1/8oz
AR9.5 = 532g or 18-3/4oz

and a bonus comparison:

Comp JH10 w/ R&B G-10 = 515g or 18-1/8oz

it’ll be real cool to see how the Trash2 and AR9.5 compare in use!

Honestly, I was very surprised that the difference was only 2.5oz for the difference in spine thickness...

There is significant difference in spine thickness, but then I think the FHFG vs. saber grind evened things out a little... and then I don’t know if there is a difference in material weight.... INFI vs. SR-101. The Regulator grip is also more substantial, but I can’t imagine the weight difference being too big just from that.

Last edited:
Back