Trash 2 Coming Wednesday May 13, 2020 at 9:00 pm Eastern

Honestly, I was very surprised that the difference was only 2.5oz. For the difference in spine thickness...

There is significant difference in some thickness, but then I think the FHFG vs. saber grind evened things out a little... and then I don’t know if there is a difference in material weight.... INFI vs. SR-101. The Regulator grip is also more substantial, but I can’t imagine the weight difference being too big just from that.
Can you post a side by side pic of the 2 for us?

Can you post a side by side pic of the 2 for us?
p78K0ig.jpg

EGQKuT8.jpg

The T2 sure is a nice looking chopper. I’m really liking the extra blade height compared to the AR9.5. No ding yet for me, so these pics are much appreciated:thumbsup:
Nice pair!
There really isn’t much difference in blade height between the T2 and the AR9.5... I put them up against each other and the T2 might be 1/8” taller at most. But the AR’s clip point does start to taper long before the drop point of the T2, so you do get more height towards the tip.
Here are a few more pics of the spine. The AR has a squared spine whereas the T2 has a chamfered spine.

fGneQOv.jpg

lZvo5nT.jpg

OBq0rQq.jpg

RKe02w6.jpg

eXH42CC.jpg

lmcq784 lmcq784 great pics and specs, much appreciated! Where are the balance points on these two? I am torn between which one to hunt down and add to my growing little collection. Appreciate any info, thanks.

Balance points: (measurements taken from the top of the handle/scale)

Trash2: 1-15/16”, or 49mm
AR9.5: 1-5/8”, or 41mm
JH10: 7/32”, or ~5.5mm

There JH10’s balance point is BEHIND the “E” in the “BUSSE” logo... behind the apex of the finger choil!! That explains the amazing balance, swiftness, and liveliness of the blade!

The forward balance points of the former two makes them feel more like proper choppers.

Balance points: (measurements taken from the top of the handle/scale)

Trash2: 1-15/16”, or 49mm
AR9.5: 1-5/8”, or 41mm
JH10: 7/32”, or ~5.5mm

There JH10’s balance point is BEHIND the “E” in the “BUSSE” logo... behind the apex of the finger choil!! That explains the amazing balance, swiftness, and liveliness of the blade!

The forward balance points of the former two makes them feel more like proper choppers.

Much thanks for that! Now hopefully someone cancels on one of those beautiful bronze trash2's. Your pics have made me want to try that coating :)

Much thanks for that! Now hopefully someone cancels on one of those beautiful bronze trash2's. Your pics have made me want to try that coating :)

I love the bronze coating!! (As does Garth Reckner Garth Reckner ) There’s a whole thread somewhere dedicated to it!

it takes on such different personalities based on different lighting.
TBH, I had ordered the muddy brown before, but changed it back to Bronze last minute about a week before my ding. I just couldn’t imagine wishing I had ordered bronze and regretting the muddy. My three favorite coatings are, in no specific order, Bronze, Forest Green, and Midnight Blue. They are all “metallic”, and gives off a beautiful sheen in bright sunlight. The blue and green are pretty dark and subdued in the shade, but solid. The Bronze is. It only subdued, it’s almost “dirty” and dull. But I love the contrast.

I am usually a non-coating fan but I agree with the character I have see in pics on that bronze. I have a cerakote(sp?) coming and interested to see the difference vs a normal Busse coating

I am usually a non-coating fan but I agree with the character I have see in pics on that bronze. I have a cerakote(sp?) coming and interested to see the difference vs a normal Busse coating

I agree I'm usually a fan of a naked blade without coatings... But I really like these coatings.

The two types of coatings feel very different. The aforementioned Busse coatings have a very fine krinkle finish to them... They smooth out over time with use. The krinkle is supposed to help prolong the wear/life of the coating. (Keep in mind the hammered silver is very different from the rest of the coating. Probably the thickest, but also slickest, since it has no krinkle, but is high gloss with "hammered" dimples.)

Cerakote is very thin, and a smooth matte finish. Supposed to be pretty tough, but I haven't put them to the test yet (specifically, Blown Deadline's applications, because that's all I have). Cerakote has a very good reputation in the gun-world for being an excellent hard-wearing coating.

Doing a little drool searching to tide me over today I noticed you have the same camo AD6 I have coming. I plan on carrying it so I'll let ya know how the coating holds up :) ...... really appreciate all your info, thank you

That bronze coating is superb. I'm gonna have to rethink what's my favorite.
Have been a fan of the midnight blue and the hammered silver, looks like there a new contender!

Got mine today, it's everything I expected it to be. Beautiful blue coat and super comfy handle. I may test it tomorrow chopping up a laptop to put some scratches on it :D

Got dinged, sent payment. Got shipping notice with tracking!:D

Back