Recommendation? travel scissors?

Has anybody used the folding travel scissors from Fiskars? Are they any good? Looking for a decent quality (nothing boutique or break the bank level) but still something I can rely on that would be easy to carry during travel, especially air travel. I know TSA has a <7in requirement but I figure the less conspicuous and the less threatening the better.

No, not tried them, but have two other Fiskars orange handled scissors, the small sewing ones and a large pair I used for cutting silnylon. In a past life I was fairly serious about fly tying, which puts a premium on good scissors. I have been pleased with the Fiskars, both of which were inherited and can be sharpened as needed. At the price for those folding ones, they look worth trying for yourself.

For my own travel I have an old no-name pair of solid sewing scissors that I made a leather sheath for.

For real fun, when visiting the US, I bought a Swiss Army Knife with scissors, then used a Dremel cut off disk to surgically remove the big blade and turn the small one into a screw driver. That way I get to travel with scissors, screw drivers and a bottle opener :D

Kershaw makes a grooming kit for like 12 bucks, great quality and comes in a little faux leather case. I had it for awhile now the tools in it are quite useful.
Good luck

Back