Traveller

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
18 inch 23 ounce Tin Chirra Knife by Thamar. Satisal wood handle. This Knife travel from Nepal to USA and USA to India and back to Reno. Traveling between India and US the blade suffer from rust. Ready to travel again at $75. *SOLD*

smKZbJE.jpg

avwxWUc.jpg

WtwDRNY.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com
First come first served

Last edited:
EMS. A little rust removal and it'll be a great gift knife. If I get it.

Next day: Got the Done Deal.

Last edited:
Be hard to part with that one, she's a beauty. Bet she feels mighty fine in the hand too.

This would have been my khukuri, had it not been confiscated by Indian Customs. Long story short, I had no choice but to send it back. I'm glad it's going to a good home.

I love this model, but I'm sorry you lost it for bureaucratic reasons. Did Indian Customs tell you what was the problem?

Apparently a weapons license was required from the police, which needed to be produced at customs, along with a hefty customs fee. From experience I know that it's virtually impossible to procure said license, since all manner of supporting documentation is required. I just didn't want to go through the hassle.

Then again, a 21" Kumar Chitlangi sailed through without issues... apart from the customs fee. Go figure!

I now rely on friends in the States for my knife related needs, who visit India.

My last was a superb 18" Pach (5) Chirra at just 18 ounces, sharp as heck, by Ram Kumar. This one went to Edmonton, Canada then onwards to the Arctic Circle where a friend inadvertently packed it in his luggage and flew it in a plane. Then he flew commercial to India.

Anyway I wonder if your Thamar Teen Chirra will have similar adventures!

Back