Treatment for Olive Wood Scales?

I just received a Lionsteel M1 in G10. Very nice knife, but smaller than I expected. I don't know if I'll keep it, but I decided to order an M4 with olive wood scales.

I know G10 is better than olive wood, but I picked wood anyway.

Question: should I treat the scales with anything to keep them from staining and so on? I have Danish oil on hand. Thought that might work.

Does Lionsteel sell replacement scales? Wood may not last forever.

Due to the torrential response, I am replying to my own post in order to calm the furor.

The knife arrived. I was surprised to see that the scales were finished. Polyurethane is my guess. Also, they appear to be held on with Torx screws, so I suppose it must be possible to replace them.

Very nice compact knife. Maybe lacking in personality, but I think it will be very practical.

I do like my M4, kind of the do it all type of fixed blade for me. Mine is in walnut and the scales were definitely not sealed. I use linseed oil on my wooden handles, works well and is food safe. Have fun with your new knife!

Iionsteel does sell and ship replacement scales... I got a pair of G10 to add some variety to my Santos scaled M1 last year.

Back