Trench bowie (3V, wrought iron and Vintage micarta)

BenR.T.

Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler
Hey guys! So I've been on kind of an old school kick lately, looking at a lot of cutlass, military and especially WWII blades.
This is my version of a trench knife. The 9.5" blade is CPM 3V with a large fuller to help balance it out. The guard is wrought iron and the handle is some of my vintage black micarta (from the 60's).
I really don't a lot of sculpted hidden tangs, partly because there are so many makers that just nail them, and partly because I am focused on other styles. This is only my third one probably.

The sheath is also an old school style, but I also made it capable of being mounted with a Tek Lok or molle lok. It is all hand stitched, dyed and waxed.

Pretty pleased with the whole package.

Dawkind

Platinum Member
That is do badazz.....I drooling.....like one of Pavlov's dogs at High Noon in a clock shop!!!! [emoji15][emoji102][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVigil

Adam Vigil knifemaker working the grind
Platinum Member
Stop it

Your making the rest of us look lazy :)

Awesome blade brother

Ladams19

Gold Member
Wow, I got to say that is a very nice blade design. I like what you did with leaving some of the old with the new. Love it. Just curious if something like that will be coming up for sale on your site. Again, wonderful blade. I can see that being very popular in my opinion.

samuraistuart

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Every post you put up, Ben, I can't wait to open it. It's like Christmas morning every single BRT knife, if just for the pics. Well done, sir! As always.

BenR.T.

Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler
Thanks guys! Having fun stretching my legs with different stuff.

Wow, I got to say that is a very nice blade design. I like what you did with leaving some of the old with the new. Love it. Just curious if something like that will be coming up for sale on your site. Again, wonderful blade. I can see that being very popular in my opinion.

This one was spoken for early in the build via Instagram. I am not taking orders for this one. I have been trying to work on a special knife in ea batch, some of them are complete one offs, some are variations of knives I make already. I am doing this to keep things fresh and fun, not only for me but for everyone else too. Folks that follow me on IG or facebook usually get the first stab at these one offs. The next one I have in mind will be equally cool and in the same WWII vein. :cool:

Ladams19

Gold Member
Well, I got to say sir you do some fine work. Thank you for sharing. Cant wait to see what you come up with next.

Thanks guys! Having fun stretching my legs with different stuff.

This one was spoken for early in the build via Instagram. I am not taking orders for this one. I have been trying to work on a special knife in ea batch, some of them are complete one offs, some are variations of knives I make already. I am doing this to keep things fresh and fun, not only for me but for everyone else too. Folks that follow me on IG or facebook usually get the first stab at these one offs. The next one I have in mind will be equally cool and in the same WWII vein. :cool: