Trend Classic Pro with cosmetic flaws on eBay?

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, but I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these on eBay? They are sold from the U.K, and they are considerably cheaper than retail ones. It sounds too good to be true.

EDIT:

The Trend website seems to be a bit wonky. In any case, the actual RRP price seems to be 135 Euro for the stone, so the one on eBay costs like 37% less.

Last edited:
I talked a bit with the seller, and they seem like good people. But I'd really appreciate it if someone who bought from them could chime in!

I do not own but:
note the seller has no return policy stated in the usual location, although seller states a pledge, which if you verified bay specifically accepted, you could be the guinea pig. Joy.
On the other hand-
Big River USA will sell you directly, the actual made in China product, TREND DWS/CP8/FC, your looking at, reviewed, for 19 bucks more delivered. Chinese electroplated monocrystalline diamond plates spec'd by UK engineer with excellent reviews.
Bay could be $19.00 cheaper, but what does 19 bucks get you? How would you know seller is not selling Chinese clone, by look, performance, and service. Seller might not even know it...
Is this when we talk about supporting sharpening tool stores online... locally... BF business member...

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, but I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these on eBay? They are sold from the U.K, and they are considerably cheaper than retail ones. It sounds too good to be true.

EDIT:

The Trend website seems to be a bit wonky. In any case, the actual RRP price seems to be 135 Euro for the stone, so the one on eBay costs like 37% less.
Hi,
What is the appeal of this brand?
There are lots of less expensive brands
bladeforums.com/threads/quick-combi-diamond-plate-comparison.1536426/

EDIT:

Hi,

I do not own but:
note the seller has no return policy stated in the usual location, although seller states a pledge, which if you verified bay specifically accepted, you could be the guinea pig. Joy.

What is the usual location? I see that they say on the page itself, "If you are not fully satisfied, send back free of charge for either a replacement or full refund.".

Hi,

They are supposed to very flat, "INDUSTRIAL PRECISION FLATNESS: +/-0.0005", and have mono crystalline diamonds, which are supposed to be more durable.

Back