• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tri-City Custom Knives reviews?

JJ_Colt45

Gold Member
I haven't dealth with them and was wondering if anyone had any experiences ... good or bad ?
Thanks in advance for any replies

Make sure to call in and ask for a discount before ordering online. Good to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply and idea to call first. Hope to hear some more good reviews.

I bought an early Walter Brend bowie from them. Carrying it right now.

Bought a CRK from them, they communicated with emails, supplied a tracking number. I'd buy from them again.

I have purchased from them. Everything went smooth - knife description was accurate, I got tracking, etc.

I have been involved with many custom knife dealers without conflict. I have returned knives after receiving them just because the knife didn't fulfill my expectations. A few years ago I owned an early Frank Fischer Battle and Bill agreed to an even trade for one of his knives. I sent him photos, a video along with the complete specifications including the overall length, blade length, weight and build details. Bill agreed to trade me for his Mayo.Williams Kickstop Donk, I sent mine and he sent his. I received the Donk and was a little disappointed with the handling marks and blade being off center but I wasn't happy with the Battle being that it was a small and I have very large hands so I let him know I was happy with it. A few days pass and Bill who has had The Battle for a few days sends a message saying he wants to trade back because the Battle is too small. My reaction was how can it be too small if I disclosed the specs and he claimed to know the knife. I need to back up a minute, Jim Skelton had made a video review of this exact knife and was the person who contacted me to let me know that Bill wanted the Battle. I assumed that Bill had a client who was looking for a Battle and when he presented the knife to his client the client didn't want it for some reason (maybe it was too small for him?). I explained to Bill that this was an unacceptable reason being that he knew the knife's size prior to ever receiving it. I didn't believe I should go out of pocket paying for shipping and insurance both ways which cost around $100.00 each direction. Bill asked me how much money I would add to the deal which upset me more than I already was but I ended up throwing in $800.00 on a deal which we agreed to trade with no money either way.

So, I have a sore spot for this dealer and I have run into many other collectors who have similar stories. This last May an IG friend of mine @krimax1976 bought a Mike Nguyen Tirade from Tri-City and you should rad his story. Bill sent him a high end custom with a damaged pivot and centering issues, when a return was requested due to the damage Bill told him that the knife is perfect and wouldn't accept the return. You can read this on his page, the post is from May 8th of this year. I have seen other Tri-City post and this guy doesn't treat his clients very well. Like I said I have made deals with AZCK, Recon1, Slice, EBossHoss, Empire & many more all without incident. I have had hundreds of deals with dealers and the only bad experience was Bill at Tri-City so beware and remember you have these forums and plenty of other dealers so why gamble with a guy like this?

I can only speak for myself ... but if I had made a deal and exchanged knives in a straight trade and was contacted after the fact ... I might undo the exchange if costs were split evenly ...

but no way in hell am I adding $800.00 to the supposedly even trade ... I wouldn't even consider anything like that ... and truely can't believe anyone else would either.

I must be missing something in this???

I have been involved with many custom knife dealers without conflict. I have returned knives after receiving them just because the knife didn't fulfill my expectations. A few years ago I owned an early Frank Fischer Battle and Bill agreed to an even trade for one of his knives. I sent him photos, a video along with the complete specifications including the overall length, blade length, weight and build details. Bill agreed to trade me for his Mayo.Williams Kickstop Donk, I sent mine and he sent his. I received the Donk and was a little disappointed with the handling marks and blade being off center but I wasn't happy with the Battle being that it was a small and I have very large hands so I let him know I was happy with it. A few days pass and Bill who has had The Battle for a few days sends a message saying he wants to trade back because the Battle is too small. My reaction was how can it be too small if I disclosed the specs and he claimed to know the knife. I need to back up a minute, Jim Skelton had made a video review of this exact knife and was the person who contacted me to let me know that Bill wanted the Battle. I assumed that Bill had a client who was looking for a Battle and when he presented the knife to his client the client didn't want it for some reason (maybe it was too small for him?). I explained to Bill that this was an unacceptable reason being that he knew the knife's size prior to ever receiving it. I didn't believe I should go out of pocket paying for shipping and insurance both ways which cost around $100.00 each direction. Bill asked me how much money I would add to the deal which upset me more than I already was but I ended up throwing in $800.00 on a deal which we agreed to trade with no money either way.

So, I have a sore spot for this dealer and I have run into many other collectors who have similar stories. This last May an IG friend of mine @krimax1976 bought a Mike Nguyen Tirade from Tri-City and you should rad his story. Bill sent him a high end custom with a damaged pivot and centering issues, when a return was requested due to the damage Bill told him that the knife is perfect and wouldn't accept the return. You can read this on his page, the post is from May 8th of this year. I have seen other Tri-City post and this guy doesn't treat his clients very well. Like I said I have made deals with AZCK, Recon1, Slice, EBossHoss, Empire & many more all without incident. I have had hundreds of deals with dealers and the only bad experience was Bill at Tri-City so beware and remember you have these forums and plenty of other dealers so why gamble with a guy like this?

Sorry I'm new to blade forums so still figuring it out but as a former employee of Patriot Bladewerx which is also run by Bill Hall, I know first hand of the shady business dealings that goes on at both businesses. I've also heard similar stories from people around the Kingsport TN area of how he wouldn't give refunds, jack the price up from an already promised price, ect. He asked me to design a new framelock flipper so I did and he liked it so we processed forward. The machinist rough cut out the blade shape and handle shape and I did everything else at home including grinding the blade, profiling handles, driling detent, filing lockface and all the detail work which had orange peel texture, hand filed grooves to mimic front and rear bolsters and stippling in the middle. I brought the knife back to work to show him and he seemed impressed and left it at my work station. The next day I came in and asked a coworker where the knife was and he said he wasn't supposed to say but Bill put it in his safe, i thought that was strange but continued working. The next day I came into work and Bill said I have to turn in my key, he has to let me go. I asked why I've done nothing but try to help you a d he responds thats right you've done nothing so rightfully so i got upset and said I'm not leaving without my knife and the file it was on because we NEVER signed any agreement and he said it'll be $1600! I told him id pay for material cost and machine time which is nowhere near that price as I know this because I worked there. As of yesterday he said in a text that I have 2 days to pay that price or he's burning it but I really think he might take it to Shot Show this week and sell it or try to illegally reproduce it. I ask people to please beware of this scum bag thief! Oh I have many more stories but too much to type.

I too have just had a "

Me too. When I tried to get a refund for multiple issues on a 13k mini Prospect by TK I immediately received insults from Tri city and Bill hall.

Sorry I'm new to blade forums so still figuring it out but as a former employee of Patriot Bladewerx which is also run by Bill Hall, I know first hand of the shady business dealings that goes on at both businesses. I've also heard similar stories from people around the Kingsport TN area of how he wouldn't give refunds, jack the price up from an already promised price, ect. He asked me to design a new framelock flipper so I did and he liked it so we processed forward. The machinist rough cut out the blade shape and handle shape and I did everything else at home including grinding the blade, profiling handles, driling detent, filing lockface and all the detail work which had orange peel texture, hand filed grooves to mimic front and rear bolsters and stippling in the middle. I brought the knife back to work to show him and he seemed impressed and left it at my work station. The next day I came in and asked a coworker where the knife was and he said he wasn't supposed to say but Bill put it in his safe, i thought that was strange but continued working. The next day I came into work and Bill said I have to turn in my key, he has to let me go. I asked why I've done nothing but try to help you a d he responds thats right you've done nothing so rightfully so i got upset and said I'm not leaving without my knife and the file it was on because we NEVER signed any agreement and he said it'll be $1600! I told him id pay for material cost and machine time which is nowhere near that price as I know this because I worked there. As of yesterday he said in a text that I have 2 days to pay that price or he's burning it but I really think he might take it to Shot Show this week and sell it or try to illegally reproduce it. I ask people to please beware of this scum bag thief! Oh I have many more stories but too much to type.

Back