Trifecta of Traditionals

Stag Trifecta - Two Sambar One Glenbad - All Three First Place Winners
PkdKVUd.jpg

Will, that's a glenbad re-covered 15 in stainless that I bought from one of our mutual Porch friends. It figures you'd like the stainless one. :) It has been a superb EDC! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Three chosen some years back for one of those 'if you could only have threads'
Similarity: compact knives. Differences: 1 spring knife 3 blades, 1 lockback. 1. Fixed. D2, Sandvik, Carbon. Jigged Bone, Horn, Wood.

Unfortunately, lost the Fontenille-Pataud this time last year on some boring business trip :( But you never know, been lucky before with missing/errant knives returning. Power of prayer, smoke, positive thoughts please friends :D:thumbsup:

DKTb0gg.jpg

NIce - same frame with 3 different blade profiles - very noteworthy trifecta indeed !
Yep! The Northfield is my favorite, but there’s something to be said about the simplicity of the Tidioute clip.

Wow great knives!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I have a couple 72s and like them very much though one takes a whole lot of thumb pressure to release the lock. Could I ask if you have any issues with them...blade wobble or difficulty unlocking? Thanks.:)
There’s some front to back play on the clips. The wharncliffe has some very slight side to side, but locks up tight and is harder to disengage. Neither bothers me. I think I prefer the lighter locking with a little more play though.

There’s some front to back play on the clips. The wharncliffe has some very slight side to side, but locks up tight and is harder to disengage. Neither bothers me. I think I prefer the lighter locking with a little more play though.
Thanks for the info, your experience is similar to mine. No issue is too big of a problem but I think I prefer GEC's liner locks. You can see the lock and know what is going on.

Thanks for the info, your experience is similar to mine. No issue is too big of a problem but I think I prefer GEC's liner locks. You can see the lock and know what is going on.
I can understand that. I don’t know what it is, but the 72 grew on me fast and I’ve come to love the backlock.

one is an individual, two is a pair, three is a collection
so here's a collection of lambfoot knives, each with it's own distinct character
9vHIBCh.jpg

In my world it is "one is an accident, two is a coincidence, and three is a pattern." My pattern is 15s with crown lifters, all the better if they are blood red. This trifecta also represents some unique designers, one is a SFO from Mike, one is a SFO from Charlie, and one is a Rendezvous parts knife:

upload_2020-6-21_9-37-32-jpeg.1363203

Hunting season is right around the corner, a picture of a “hunters trifecta” - my three most carried Buck hunting knives; the 118 Personal, the 110 Folding Hunter, and the 303 Cadet - with those I can clean any game I take and accomplish whatever outdoorsman task presents itself while I’m out in farm, forest, or field. OH
Buck-Hunting-knives.jpg

Back