Null

Falcata by Vim
Farmcata by Tirtha

IMG_3262c_1_1.jpg

IMG_3249_1_1.JPG

Yeah, they're real:) I've never handled one, but I did coin the term:p. Oddly enough, I've never handled a falcata either...but it's my number 1 on my bucket list above all others. Just never had the money when they showed up.

The Farmcata does seem like it would be super comfy to hold:)

I held a Farm knife at Aunties, thought I'd held everything but didn't hold a Farmkata. I would be super comfy if the handle fit fairly closely to the hand. If the hands too small it might be not so much since it probably has substantial weight and the handle is relatively slim.

I want one regardless one way or the other and a Falcata too.

Oh, yeah! The falcatas are super cool. Heavy beasts though.

I tried leaving my falcata and my farm knife alone in a darkened room for a few days with some Barry White on the stereo, but no little farmacatas...

Do not send money now send when Trisul arrives here. Thank you all for your interest in HI Trisul.

That Falcata is really cool, getting my hands on one of those bad boys is definitely on my list.

I don't want to stomp all over the Trisul interest thread, but I would like to voice my interest in a Farm knife as well.

That's my next HI purchase, without question.

I handled a Falcata once. Or tried to handle it. The problem is, it's very blade-heavy and the handle was a little too narrow for my average-sized hand to get a good grip. It would be a good blade for someone with very strong hands and wrists.

I've wondered what is the proper technique to hold the Falcata. With all that weight, a two-handed grip would be best, but I couldn't do that because of the curved end of the handle. It seems there should be some practical purpose for that handle shape, other than the obvious benefit that you can hang it on a door knob.

It is a thing of beauty, though.

think the one hand heaviness was because it was meant to be used with a shield and against people with shields?, and yeah maybe the handle was made with that hook to store easy? no idea in the end on the style points or why they came about

Maybe that handle has some Parang or Barong descendants! I think its so you can wrap it around the rear axle on your truck and use it as a spring again!
Hey Pugs is back! Welcome back brother we missed ya!

The falcata is a european weapon used by the celts of the Iberian peninsula as I recall. They date from prior to the Roman Empire and were in use during the Empire. I don't think that modern interpretations are accurate as far as size and weight--I believe modern interpretations are likely heavier than ancient falcata would have been (this is actually pretty common in the modern repro sword market). Ancient falcata often had animal head designs usually horses incorporated into the handle design. They were effective shield and helmet splitters. The handle shape seems like it would actually makes them harder to lose in a melee--ancient ones had a chain that closed off the loop of the handle.

Falcata.jpg

Maybe that handle has some Parang or Barong descendants! I think its so you can wrap it around the rear axle on your truck and use it as a spring again!
Hey Pugs is back! Welcome back brother we missed ya!

Hey Ndog, thanks for the warm welcome back, was away for a few days

FYI, the original Trisuls came in two configurations (most by Sher), 14" and about 11-12 oz., and 18.5" and about 23-24 oz. Most had red buffalo hide scabbards, and IIRC they had buffalo horn handles, although there may have been a few wood ones I missed. Chiruwa tangs.

I considered the 14" more like a personal dagger kind of weapon, while the 18.5" was a perfect hog hunting knife. Seriously, there are several knife makers that make something very similar to the large Trisuls as a pig sticker, and it would work very well in that regard, in a nice chest rig if you wanted to spring for it. :eek:

I had 3 at one time but sold them off a few years ago to raise $ for other toys. The large Trisul gave "Arkansas Toothpick" a whole new meaning. ;)

Norm

I am going to have to get both then! Aunti said they'll be doing a production once the Kami situation settles and stabilizes.

I just cannot wait, my mouth is literally watering....

Back