• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

TRM Neutrons Come and Gone In a Quickness at Blade HQ

Outstanding.
I received my Neutron a few days ago. I’m extremely happy with it. I ordered the micarta model and ordered a set of CF and jade G10 scales.

My Benchmade was the thinnest knife I’ve had until the Neutron, it’s crazy thin but feels great in the hand. The blades are sharpened by RJ Martin, mine came hair popping sharp. I’ve received plenty of super sharp factory edges before (thanks Spyderco) but the Neutron takes the cake. It’s so thin, so slicey. The action is great and smooth. The liner lock is very well designed, easy to access and disengage.

I’m not really a thumb stud person but these are extremely well designed. They are rounded and smooth on top but are milled halfway down, they catch my thumb beautifully yet are so comfortable in the pocket.

The blade is both gorgeous and very utilitarian. I prefer a blade where the tip is low and close to the edge.

The pocket clip is very well designed. It’s close to the end of the knife as possible and gives a great deep carry. It uses Benchmade screw holes, I put a Bugout clip on it and now it carries super deep.

Overall: it’s quickly become one of my favourite edc knives next to my Shirogorov Neon.

I hope TRM starts an industry wide trend of using thin blade stock to maximize sliceyness. Modern supersteels excel at relatively low edge angles.

Looks great with the Bugout clip! I actually have one enroute for mine as well, at least I asked for one when i sent my Bugout in for repair* so i think it’s coming haha.

*User error. I cross threaded and stripped one of the screw holes in the liner when i swapped over to some titanium handles.

Looks great with the Bugout clip! I actually have one enroute for mine as well, at least I asked for one when i sent my Bugout in for repair* so i think it’s coming haha.

*User error. I cross threaded and stripped one of the screw holes in the liner when i swapped over to some titanium handles.

Haha oops. The Bugout clip works great on it but the factory clip is definitely one of the best factory non-deep carry ones I’ve had. You couldn’t get any more deeper carry with a non-deep carry clip if you tried. Great clip placement.

Hi everyone,

Full candor here. Our notification system is far from perfect. It regularly doesn't work for popular items. It's a tough system to get working for everyone perfectly. We have tried a few things to make it better, but it still seems to have problems. Especially when we have knives come into stock that are going to sell out in a matter of minutes. It's why with hot releases, we often try to set a date and time that they will be available.

I am going to have my developers prioritize this system and see what we can do to make it better.

Thanks,

Mark

Yeah I was surprised there wasn't a 'heads up' given anywhere before they were posted.

In positive news - mine is scheduled to be delivered today - yay!

I just talked to my product guy and he said we will be getting more of these. If you want one, please send me a PM with your email and the color you want and I will make sure we hold one back for you when they show up next time.

I just talked to my product guy and he said we will be getting more of these. If you want one, please send me a PM with your email and the color you want and I will make sure we hold one back for you when they show up next time.

Thank you very much, sent a PM to take you up on this offer. Since so many folks missed out on the Beans might you be willing to entertain a similar offer in that department? Luckily it seems that both of these are regular production items going forward, so hopefully everyone who wants one will be able to get them at some point... But thanks in advance, been looking to get a Neutron for a while and they aren't really showing up on the secondary market very much at all...

Haha oops. The Bugout clip works great on it but the factory clip is definitely one of the best factory non-deep carry ones I’ve had. You couldn’t get any more deeper carry with a non-deep carry clip if you tried. Great clip placement.
So the Bugout clip really fits a Neutron without any issues? The only reason I haven't tried to get a Neutron is the lack of a deep carry clip!! Let me know please, thanks!

Awesome thank you!

no worries mate. If you want more photos just let me know.
I highly recommend joining TRM’s Facebook group. You get to see parts of the manufacturer progress, very cool and interesting.
If you’re looking for a bigger knife than the Neutron, consider the Atom. It’s a 3.5” with inset liners with almost the exact same blade shape and blade stock as the Neutron but with better lock access.

Back