Trophy Room - Hunting and Fishing Pics

Those arr some NICE fish! Rrally big for tenkara in my opinion. I have been fishing tenkara in Yellowstone dor the last few weeks and mostly hook 6-8" brookies on a good day. But still have a blast. I have a few more months in the park becouse of work so we will see if it improves.

Do you live in the area or were you just passing through? If you live out here i would love to get some tenkara tips about the area.

I live in Colorado Springs so a bit of a drive.

I first used my Tenkara USA Ito rod and it took me a long time to land those big trout. I had no idea the fish there would be so big but luckily I also had my Badger Tenkara Wisco 2 with me. After switching to this rod which is made for big fish it was so much easier to land them (although I could not use my net as it was too small ;))

Back to page one!

6YSVCDB.jpg

p5imIGLl.jpg

ozY4V5Vl.jpg

YyyRRo6l.jpg

jIsRc1pl.jpg

s1utAjWl.jpg

TrBPFkLl.jpg

Took some boys out on the water. They had never been ocean fishing. It was a decent day. Nothing like it was 40 years ago though. 20170717_055408.jpg 20170717_055916.jpg 20170717_055932.jpg 20170717_065155.jpg 20170717_111344.jpg 20170717_112327.jpg

Took some boys out on the water. They had never been ocean fishing. It was a decent day. Nothing like it was 40 years ago though.

I can sure tell that things have changed off the Pacific coast too. Good job getting out though, I bet the boys had a good time. All bass for the day? I'll shoot you a message about the rest.

20170717_175940.jpg 20170717_180311.jpg We caught flounder, bass, and Ling. For July a decent day.

On the plate it was awesome.

Last edited:
That looks like a great time. Love to grill some fish over a fire in a setting like that. Have you been there before?

That looks like a great time. Love to grill some fish over a fire in a setting like that. Have you been there before?

My folks used to own a place just back over the hill from there when I was a kid. My uncle and aunt lived close, too, and both families would run over to the river in the summer to fish and have a fish fry. Lots of cousins and lots of good times. I'll admit as a six-year old I begged my folks not to sell that place and cried when they did. It was really wild country back then, and the steep hills didn't bother my younger self near so bad :D But you can't get a foothold in that country now unless you've got some really deep pockets.

Here's a buck I killed up in that country a couple years back. I think I posted it here before, but it shows the steepness of the terrain. The camera is not canted or anything funky like that in this picture. This is on the Salmon River side, just over the top from the Snake River pictures above.

Here's a buck I killed up in that country a couple years back. I think I posted it here before, but it shows the steepness of the terrain. The camera is not canted or anything funky like that in this picture. This is on the Salmon River side, just over the top from the Snake River pictures above.

That is awesome. I hope to go mule deer hunting next fall, in 2018. Not sure where. But somewhere we can camp and have a decent chance to see some.

Good thing you shot first.
That deer has one hell of a rifle.

Nice Mulie! My dream is to make it out to the Midwest and Canada one day, to stick a Mulie or Elk with my my Elite!

Hard Knocks Hard Knocks do you ever hunt chukar there? Looks about right for them. Chasing those little demons gets your heart pounding.

TRfromMT TRfromMT

I'm more of an opportunistic hunter on chukar. I don't have any bird dogs T. They definitely live in that country though, and we've got a lot here closer to home. The guys that chase them religiously are in shape for sure.

Back