True Grass Machete Pre- Order Closing 10/31

Got mine. It’s what a machete should be - light, quick, but still seems like the edge would be robust enough to deal with woody brush quite happily.

And thankfully it fits very well in the sheath I already had.

Pictures?

Pictures?

I’m in Manila right now. I’m guessing the rest of these will be delivered before I’m back home in a week.

If anyone is interested in knowing what the sheath was that fits well, it’s a nylon sheath that came with an ESEE light machete.

Hi Hunter,
Were you able to ship it? Hasn't arrived yet.
Ray

Ray,

I have not shipped yet. I'm boxing up a bunch of these tomorrow and your blade is in that batch. I just printed out your shipping label and will send you the # now.

Been working overtime in the shop to get all these done. Thanks so much for your patience with these!:thumbsup:

If you have not yet received your TGM, it will be shipped by the end of the week.

In the mean time here's a quick pic of a few that just went out. Check out the sleekness of the fold over sheath.

807dd34d-c83a-4f2d-a2ac-05d690aaf956
807dd34d-c83a-4f2d-a2ac-05d690aaf956
fEB8sLK.jpg

Just received mine this afternoon. The blade has a very nice balance and feels great in hand. Nice job by Hunter reducing the palm swell for me. Sheath is fantastic too. Snug fit with no rattle whatsoever. The fold over deisgn is definitely the way to go for this blade. The profile is noticeably smaller than my FB with the pancake sheath.

Gonna go out tomorrow and test it on some ice cold branches. Thanks Hunter!

I have not received any tracking info yet. So, I am not the only one who has not received the TGM. Thank you for all the responses.

Hey guys,

Im heading out to the PO now with the rest of these. I had to make some adjustments on a few of the sheaths and fix a few other minor issues and just didn't have any time to get into the shop until now.

Thanks so much for your patience everyone :thumbsup:

Mine arrived today! It looks and feels great. Very comfortable handle, very well-balanced, and great swing weight for a blade this long. My elbow will appreciate that. I'll have to see what the weather does before getting a good test of it, but glad it is here! Thank you for making these.

Mine arrived last week. First impression is I love the balance and the grip of the new CNC scales. This should make for an excellent chopper on softer woods as well. I have a bit of limb trimming I need to do on my pines, so she will be getting an outing very soon. The weight difference between the TGM and a Fell Beast is considerable. Looking forward to using her.

Hunter,
Just for the record, what did you end up with for HT on these? Your original post says something a little different than the one you listed for sale today on the makers exchange. Curious more than anything because I'm sure it will be a good performer either way.

I really like mine. I did need to heat up the sheath to loosen it, it was really really tight. But I'd rather have that than too loose.

Back