• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

True North Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd refund half even having a note on your website saying times aren't guaranteed, reminding the customer directly of that fact, and saying the only recourse if the customer is unsatisfied is to not accept the package which s/he didn't choose to do? You're a very good person.

It is easy to spend somebody else money , it is not his he is suggesting spending 1/2 the cost .

I had a much different experience when dealing with Neil/TNK than what the OP describes.

I'm a big fan of Winkler knives, particularly the Belt Knife. Some months ago I noticed on his site that he had a couple of Winkler BK's for sale with a different grind to the swedge than what is normally seen, a much deeper grind.

I called TNK and a lady answered the phone, I told her I had a few questions about the BK's and she informed me that Neil would be the one too answer my questions. She told me that unfortunately he was currently out of the office and would call me back within an hour. Roughly 10 minutes later Neil called from what I believe was his personal cell phone, credit to the lady for passing the information along so quickly.

Neil was courteous and professional throughout the entire conversation, took the time too answer my many questions and even a little chit chat that had nothing too do with my order... assured me the knives I would be receiving would be the ones pictured with the deeper grind.

Since I couldn't make up my mind which BK I wanted, I told him that I would go ahead and take both. When I inquired about his shipping options, he told me not to worry about that, he would be shipping both knives overnight at no cost to myself... doesn't get any better than that and both knives were delivered the next day as he said.

Neil/TNK is more than good to go in my opinion, I would not hesitate to order from him again.

Quick pic of the above mentioned BK's.

Download1s.JPG

Why would you order a gift to arrive the day you want to give it to someone?
It took you two weeks to decide?
And two seconds to decide to kick up a fuss?

that’s just creating problems for yourself, dude get some fresh air

Ok let me see if I have this correct.........

Your knife was shipped to you during a pandemic by a multinational logistics company over which TNK have absolutely zero control.

It arrived 281 minutes later than the multinational promised it would be. And for some inexplicable reason you feel that 281 minutes entitles you to some sort of price break/refund/discount on your purchase from TNK? Do I have that correct?

It sounds like things were already going wrong with your purchase when you began "correcting" TNK's site before you even purchased anything. But TNK continued with your order and sent you your knife which arrived in perfect condition 281 minutes after it was promised.

I don't know who you are or what your knife history is but honestly to come here and attempt to rubbish the name of a well known and respected dealer over 281 minutes during a pandemic is so trivial and petty and to be absolutely absurd.

If this is how you treat the dealers, good luck getting anyone here to deal with you in the future.
Well said and you're being way too kind. Neil is the consummate professional and If the OP believes that he was wronged and entitled to refund. Life is going to be let's say, difficult at best. :rolleyes:

It seems like better communication could've prevented this post from ever getting posted. I try hard to please my buyers but in no way can be held responsible for what a shipping outfit does with the package after it is handed off to them. With that said I refund shipping costs for various reasons , and some cases no I will not . Keep it simple

Note to the OP, it is your money and your right to be a stickler about your hobby. However, if the dealer gave adequate notice and caveats then you cannot come back later and claim injury. The dealer has a right to be a stickler too.

I ordered a khukuri the other day to beat on and understand the design. A quick skim of the website suggested that it might ship in as soon as a week. After ordering I got an email saying that it will ship in 3 weeks... being an adult I shrugged and went on with my day.

Truth be told, I have been wondering when Neil will get his next batch of AD-20s :)
Truth be told nobody’s wondering more than Neil is. I just have to be patient and I know that John and Andrew will come through.

Also just a sidenote the Kukri was not me.

So lets everyone’s have a great week and be safe and kind. Today was a very difficult day for me because it’s the first time I wasn’t able to wish my mother a happy Mother’s Day.

Truth be told nobody’s wondering more than Neil is. I just have to be patient and I know that John and Andrew will come through.

Also just a sidenote the Kukri was not me.

So lets everyone’s have a great week and be safe and kind. Today was a very difficult day for me because it’s the first time I wasn’t able to wish my mother a happy Mother’s Day.
So sorry to hear that, Neil. I'm only 55 and my mom has been gone for nearly 20 years now. Time doesn't necessarily heal the wound, but I find solace knowing she is in a better place. Stay strong amigo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back