• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

TrueNorthKnives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently I'm out of the country as my sister-in-law passed away and we are involved with the grieving process.

^ In the scope of life...upon learning of your families current situation, this gives this rather trivial situation, a very stark perspective. :(

My deepest condolences, and prayers for you and your families loss, Neil.

Two questions - Is your home wifi external IP address assigned by your carrier a static IP? If not, reboot your modem and see what happens with your brand new external IP address. Next, were you using your home wifi when you sent them the e-mail? I don't know that TNK would be able to definitively know your home IP address by a sent e-mail if you're using Comcast.

ETA - Ah, just noticed Neal's note about the use of Flash on the website. Since Apple doesn't play nice with Flash, that could certainly be the problem. My condolences Neil. :(

Last edited:
I see a lot of comments and all have merrit in their own way but i have been burned too many times so my policy is "prepare for the worst but expect the best". I first prepare before i expect which is why i always get more info if i dont fully understand it or it seems vague with words like "may".

Many of you blame my way of responding and it may seem that way but from what i see very few tried looking at it from my perspective. How hard is it to respond to my email with saying "if there is nothing wrong with item we will charge a fee and if something wrong with item then we will not charge the fee" that took me like 5 seconds to write.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of you blame my way of responding and it may seem that way but from what i see very few tried looking at it from my perspective. How hard is it to respond to my email with saying "if there is nothing wrong with item we will charge a fee and if something wrong with item then we will not charge the fee" that took me like 5 seconds to write.

The reason people aren't looking at it from your perspective, is because it's not the correct perspective. How hard is to make a phone call and have a little human interaction? It helps to build a relationship with a person.
You wanted them to do something that would have been difficult to do in an email. Neil uses a common-sense approach in his dealings and, as he stated above, only applies the restocking fee in very limited circumstances.
So they didn't bow down to your every whim, you lose your mind on them and then start an idiotic thread about it. This isn't going well for you.

Sent from my iPhone using magic

Last edited:
I see a lot of comments and all have merrit in their own way but i have been burned too many times so my policy is "prepare for the worst but expect the best". I first prepare before i expect which is why i always get more info if i dont fully understand it or it seems vague with words like "may".

^ What you've read here, are objective opinions from a few member's trying to give you their perspective.

With the above stated: If you had any sense of decency at all (especially after reading what Neil just posted), you'd close this thread up, and apologize.

It would also help if you edited your OP. :thumbup:

Last edited:
There is a sore loser here, and it is NOT True North.

Sincere condolences on your loss, Neil.

Best

mqqn

There is a sore loser here, and it is NOT True North.

Sincere condolences on your loss, Neil.

Best

mqqn

I know I can always save a lot of reading when Mqqn posts in a thread like this. Typically, I can read the original post, then find Mqqn's post and get a good summary.

It may have taken you five seconds to write, but that doesn't mean that Neil has the five seconds to answer you, as he is running a business.
It's not as if his day involves sitting at the monitor answering e-mails all day.
As other posters have said, if you would've called, it would have been clarified for you. A lot quicker, may I add.

ETA; I'm sorry for your loss, Neil. My condolences to you and your family.

Last edited:
As requested closing as incident seems to be clear to everyone

Edit: guess cant in this subforum, mods plz close

Is your avatar an xray of you? Between your attitude and the starting of this thread, ill assume that it is.

You're the only sore loser here. A dealer didn't want to deal with your crybaby ass and you got burnt, now your whining about it publically trying to rally the troops, and it backfired on you.

So what has this thread accomplished?

1. Gave Neal a chance to show he's a cordial business man.

2. Thin-slice has effectively showed his true colors and succeeded in alienating himself indefinitely on this forum.

While I'm not sure anyone really needs to see it in order to decide who's "wrong" or "right," I hardly think it would be appropriate to close the thread before Neil has the opportunity to add what he wants to add upon his return.

Does your internet provider use STATIC or DYNAMIC IP addresses??? Simple question.

Two questions - Is your home wifi external IP address assigned by your carrier a static IP? If not, reboot your modem and see what happens with your brand new external IP address. Next, were you using your home wifi when you sent them the e-mail? I don't know that TNK would be able to definitively know your home IP address by a sent e-mail if you're using Comcast.

ETA - Ah, just noticed Neal's note about the use of Flash on the website. Since Apple doesn't play nice with Flash, that could certainly be the problem. My condolences Neil. :(

Does your internet provider use STATIC or DYNAMIC IP addresses??? Simple question.

Dont know the answer to that but my home wifi and my friends wifi is a residential service by same company, comcast.
Should have been same result using the wifi to connect to internet.

Unless you're paying extra for a static IP address, then Comcast uses dynamic IP addresses. Why don't you try rebooting your modem, and then see if the TNK website works.

Before doing so, go here and check your current IP. Then do it again after reboot. Curious to see the results.

Neil,
I'm sorry for your family's loss. I will send smoke and prayers your way. I'm sorry too that the timing of this thread, even its mere existence, has distracted you from matters so much more significant.

While I'm not sure anyone really needs to see it in order to decide who's , "wrong" or "right," I hardly think it would be appropriate to close the thread before Neil has the opportunity to add what he wants to add upon his return.

I believe the moderators would still allow his response, but I could be wrong

You sound like a problem customer, I work in retail also and you sound like an absolute nightmare to deal with. You choose who to do business with and as business owners we chose who to do business with also. You are not out a dime and still want to run TNK through the wringer, shame on you. Neil and co are good people and are well respected throughout the hobby.

All you have done with your thread is prove TNK right and make people in this forum very unlikely to deal with you in the future.

I bet you work for the Government/Council with zero accountability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back