• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

TrueNorthKnives

Status
Not open for further replies.
As requested closing as incident seems to be clear to everyone

Edit: guess cant in this subforum, mods plz close

I'll bet you'd really like to see this thread closed before Neil can post your communication with him.

And I'll do a double or nothing bet that you deleted the e-mail correspondence immediately not simply because you were "soooooo upset".

Neil would like an opportunity to come back and address this issue with a little more detail. I suggest we let him.

I'll bet you'd really like to see this thread closed before Neil can post your communication with him.

And I'll do a double or nothing bet that you deleted the e-mail correspondence immediately not simply because you were "soooooo upset".

Neil would like an opportunity to come back and address this issue with a little more detail. I suggest we let him.

By all means i dont have an issue with him posting proof or responding

Edit: u can double or not hope he does have those emails, if neil wants me to send him my email that we corresponded i will supply it might be easier to find

Last edited:
What was the result of the IP address check and rebooting your modem?

Looks like you spent a lot of time screen shotting and posting all that crap.
I think your story of wanting to call up this long standing, successful knife retailer to feel him out is nonsense. You want to ask permission to buy a knife, fondle it, and if it's not to your
liking return it with out having to come out of pocket. Sorry man, high end toys rarely work that way.

True north knives has been fantastic in every communication I've ever had with him, even when I wasn't making a purchase.

Sorry for your loss Neil, condolences to your family.

Thin-Slice, you're not the first person this has happened to here on BFC. But, I think this is the first time anyone has started a thread about it. Okay, you got blocked from TNK, so what. There's plenty of other dealers that are in the game to offer what you want. Put on your Big Boy Pants, get over it and move on. It's that simple.
Believe it or not TNK isn't the only company that refuses to deal with certain types of people and they're pretty good at sniffing them out.
So, I gotta ask, are you one of those people ??????. If not, it seems pretty obvious you owe TNK an apology for starting this thread.

What in the actual hell is this? You are pissed at a company you've never done business with?

Neil has never been nothing but professional when I have had dealings with him.
My condolences to you and yours on the loss of your sister-in-law Neil

As for this thread.........You couldnt have reached out to a MODERATOR First to see
if they knew anything about this or inquire in an email to Neils customer service?

These are the threads that blow up..as this one has and makes the person starting it
look petty and immature..
Gathering your facts before doing crap like this would have been an better option..
Im sure you think that now that this has blown up?
You owe Neil and his company an apology...

Perhaps read up and see what actually GB&U is utilized for next time.
Certain you WISHED you would have.?

:thumbdn:And over not having access to a website if I read properly.....Really.....:thumbdn:???

You get the PRIZE Today of being added to my ever growing ""IGNORE LIST""
Amazing.....No dealing with this upstanding professional..and you drag his name through the mud this way.. Simply Pouting...???

I also see since this thread as BLOWN UP IN your face. And I know youve been in here reading the replies..You have no time nor the respect to respond or pipe in..????
Typical...

Last edited:
So to get to my story a few months ago i found out about TrueNorthKnives dealer while searching for Shirogorov Cannibus. So i browsed the site and looked for folders i like and might purchase and as usual before i do business with any dealer i like to get the feel of them on what kind of people run that place. So i browse the policies and procedures and specifically their returns policy. I know its a tocuhy subject on returns with some people and you right in your own way. However for me when i spend $500+ on a folder i like the ability to return it in case the looks of the knife are not same as the feel. Meaning i love the way the knife looks and cannot wait to get it in my hands but as most of you know sooner or later you will be disappointed. You will come accross a folder that even though looks amazing but it feels like crap and there some nitpicks that you just simply cannot ignore and decide to return it. This is where the story begins to unfold and true face of the dealer comes to light.

So i sent an email to them asking them about their return policy. Keep in mind i first read it and saw the restocking fee i think it was 10 or 15%. For a $500+ that restocking fee can be huge and i am not willing to pay that. If you feel that you are willing that is up to you. I am ok with being charged the shipping charge that they incured when they shipped it but thats about it. I specifically asked them about the restocking fee as i believe it said "may be charged". Well that word is too flimsy to me so i asked. Got an email response back please call me/us and provided their phone number. When i saw that i was astonished that they are not willing to put their policy in writing and be specific not broad with the word "maybe". So i replied saying "if you are not willing to respond via email in terms of your restocking fee and how it may apply then thats all it tells me about your company" or something along those lines. I know it was harsh of me since i was a bit angry. Then they replied with very few to only 1 word i believe, something along the lines of "ok" or "thats fine". Dont remember exactly what words. I was soooo upset i deleted all correspondance as i did not want anything to do with them.

Well you would think that was the end of the story but behold it is not. A day or so ago i was browsing the forums here and somebody either had a link or something about TNK so i typed in the search bar TRUENORTHKNIVES.COM and behold the reason for this thread.

Will show the reason in pictures below but want to add a bit more. Went to the website from ipad and iphone and same result using my in in home WIFI. Then turned off my wifi on phone and went to website the phone's signal and website loaded normally. Also tried using my friends home wifi and it was fine there as well. So basically back to the very first sentence SORE LOSER. They blocked my IP address so i cant visit/browse their website.

The time span from when i sent email and found this out is in months.

Soo look at IP block evidence below. Too bad i deleted the messages. :(

Might have been harsh of me but blocking someones IP is major in my book for just simply asking their policy and wanting written proof since i have come across plenty rotten apples.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quoted before you edit it too much, left out your little screen shots.

You young whipper snappers really make so much drama out of nothing, then run to your friend's house and carry on there. Now, your dragging your little performance onto bladeforums gbu when you never even had a transaction with this man.
Grow up, shop somewhere else and quit acting "soooo" much like a high school drama student. It's a new American era and things are changing. This whining in public is falling out of fashion fast and won't ever get you anywhere in real life, dude.
Best of luck.

Smoke and prayers to you and your family. My condolences for your loss.....

After meeting Neil at Blade a few years ago, I really like him. He seemed very level headed. Although I even t done business with him in the past, I wouldn't t hesitate to do so.

Quoted before you edit it too much, left out your little screen shots.

You young whipper snappers really make so much drama out of nothing, then run to your friend's house and carry on there. Now, your dragging your little performance onto bladeforums gbu when you never even had a transaction with this man.
Grow up, shop somewhere else and quit acting "soooo" much like a high school drama student. It's a new American era and things are changing. This whining in public is falling out of fashion fast and won't ever get you anywhere in real life, dude.
Best of luck.

how do ya know he's a young whipper snapper? maybe he is but maybe hes a cranky old man with too much time on his hands? :)

my condolences to Neil and his family.

By all means i dont have an issue with him posting proof or responding

Edit: u can double or not hope he does have those emails, if neil wants me to send him my email that we corresponded i will supply it might be easier to find

You have come on here about a transaction that did not occur here - insulting and accusing others of wrong doing and acting like a spoiled baby, from your first post in this thread.

If I were a business owner and you came to my store like this, I would show you the door. Why do business with someone that you know you will never please, and who then will cry about it (even if there is no deal made) all over the web - hiding behind his made up user name?

My takeaways from this thread:

1. I have never done business with Neil's company but I would not hesitate to deal with him in the future. Sounds like a reasonable, stand up dude.

2. I have never dealt with the OP and have no plans to in the future after reading this thread.

Condolences to you and your family Neil

Prayers for you and your family Sir...

You have come on here about a transaction that did not occur here - insulting and accusing others of wrong doing and acting like a spoiled baby, from your first post in this thread.

If I were a business owner and you came to my store like this, I would show you the door. Why do business with someone that you know you will never please, and who then will cry about it (even if there is no deal made) all over the web - hiding behind his made up user name?

This member HIT IT ON THE Head...Outstanding and poignant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back