• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

TrueNorthKnives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, we're "sooo" going to believe you after you post receipts from buying the para cord and knife sharpeners.
You are still wrong, no matter how quickly you are blowing your money.

Its just weird i have been called a lot of things in this thread without ppl knowing me. Calling me that im a bad apple customer for asking questions i should be aware first hand before doing any business with any company. I have spent over $6k in last 6 months in just folders alone. Over $3,300 at KnifeCenter and over $2k at BladeHQ. Will provide proof below so u guys that calling me a bad apple customer as though i purposely want to return an item. Would have happilly provide BladeHQ but it doesn list all transactions on a single page but rather have to tap each purchase date and it reveals too much personal info. If needed i will give permission for BladeHQ to give the total amount i have spent on them if you need additional proof.
5bb1cf73fb2c0f272b176bb2d5d13b1f.png

Look at top right where it says 33,515 (10 points for every dollar so $3,351).

Actually sorry the total amount is wrong i have like $2k that i have spent on My Shiros and another $800 or so on a Wicked Edge (with acessories). Not even gonna count my ebay purchass or my purchass here. Ohh crap the more i think about it the amount keeps growing. Not even counting my KnifeWorks exclusives that i have purchase, which is another $500 at least (will ppst pics of receipts if i can find all). So all those who call me a bad apple buyer can simply kiss my ass. I come off wrong but u guys r posting without knowing how much business i do in folders. I have yet only returned a couple spydercos that i hated the feel for which i was charged the shipping charge and i didnt even say anything about it.
bf99624b18b9995db9955e5d047c4283.jpg
76da6a923f20176702820711f3df52bf.jpg

As far as all those who say after you handle a knife it is no longer new well you are not fully correct. Any folder before it leaves the makers hands or production company once it is fully assembled it is checked to see if it opens correctly, locks correctly and closes correctly. Each of those flicks/flips can be counted technically as used. If i receive a knife and i opened it a few times it automatically makes it a used knife. While to some extend that can be accepted as true it is not the full definition of used. Has not seen any pocket time, has not cut anything, has not been disassembled. I mean if you buy clothing at a department store you try, dont like and return it. What happens? Hugh do any of them charge u a restocking fee? At the end of the day it is a product worth $ just like any clothing, watch, etc. Many of you are saying well they have to pay workers to restock that item and that is 100% true but they also pay them from the $ they earn form products they sell. How about that. There are 2 sides to every coin but you rather jump the gun and call me stuff without knowing anything about me.

Then there is the jackass calling me not in so many words plain out stupid because of my avatar. Wow what a freaking bigot. Guessing now enjoying a funny show is a crime of the stupid.

While i do admit calling TKN sore loser may have been jumping the gun, the fact still remains that they blocked and in turn lost a big chunk of business but thats ok. Like u guys said TNK has the right just like i do to chose with whom we do business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're the worst type of customer. No one here cares how many successful transactions you have had; not a single person. The poster who made mention of the x-ray in your photo was clearly using it as a prop. He obviously doesn't care that you enjoy The Simpsons and the comment was far from bigotry. His point is obvious: you're a dolt who's intent on annoying the hell out of members and dealers. He was simply comparing your brain to that of Homer. To simplify it even more: he's implying you lack the mental capacity to comprehend why you're absolutely in the wrong in this particular situation; not the other umpteen transactions you've had with larger companies. Just quit now and preserve a semblance of integrity.

Neil, firstly, I too offer my condolences on your loss. I'm genuinely sorry to hear it.

I also thank you for coming in to clear this matter up. You have shown that you are definitely an upstanding vendor, and I'm glad you're a part of the community.

Thank you for letting us all know all we needed to know about this individual.

Wait where did u get the idea that i want to return an item. I never buy an item straight out wanting to return it without getting it in my hand. If u read the OP it said want to know policy before making a purchase for just in case since not spending pocket change but rather larges sum. So what you are saying that when u buy a car u dont test drive it first? Did u know that there is a law forget the name but basically allows you to return an item within 72 hours when u spend a huge amount of $. Dont know the specifics of the law other than that it exists. Buyers remorse i believe.

"The law in PA is set forth below. The law only applies to in-home sales or sales via telephone and gives a 3-day right of rescission. It does not apply to things like car purchases where you go to a car dealer, buy a car and then have second thoughts"

http://www.lawguru.com/legal-questi...mer-buyer-remorse-law-pennsylvania-690891156/

You shouldn't be depending on your armchair lawyering skills if you can't be bothered to read and understand the law to which you refer.

The PA buyers remorse law you quoted applies ONLY in situations where the seller made first contact with you, either by physically showing up at your doorstep or by cold calling you on the telephone, in order to sell you some form of goods/services.

It was intended to protect senior citizens from high pressure in person and telephone sales tactics.

It will NOT give you a blanket 3-day unconditional return policy on everything you buy, in person or over the internet. If you think this is how the law works, prepare to be very disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Ostroff, I'm impressed. I had not heard of your company before, but this thread has definitely put you on my map. I did a quick overview of your website and see that you are from Montreal. I have some very fond memories of that place; a life-changing experience, one might say. While I don't buy as many knives anymore, I will gladly support you should the opportunity arise in the future. It's not hard to see you have your priorities set straight and are involved in this business for the right reasons.

My condolences as well for your loss.

Neil-Thanks for taking the time to give a full explanation
& welcome to S. Fl-winters are a little warmer here

Learned a few things here, the OP is truly as pictured in his avatar and Neil has earned future business from me.

I'd like to personally apologize on behalf of all the other Johns in the world. We're not all like this person.

If I were in your shoes, I would have cut the clown off the first time he used the letter "U" in place of the word you.

You did the right thing.

good evening all -just back home and back to the office in the morning - i decided to get this out of the way this evening.

First thanks to so many of you who not only stood up for me but mostly for your condolences on the loss of our family member - these comments were greatly appreciated. Special mention to lone wolf who is someone with whom i have had a rather toxic relationship over the years and i probably overreacted a few times so my public apology to her for all that jazz.

Quick preamble - i am a full time knife dealer - going on 20 years - i have one staff at the hq in hollywood fl and 10 able bodies in the distributions center in peachtree city, ga.

I have no other income other that what comes in every day in sales from the website - also i do a few shows during the year.

I don't have a trust fund, never got an inheritance and the only windfall i had from the 1.4 billion power ball last year was $40.00 on $300.00 worth of tickets that i threw away. I have rent to pay on the office in florida, the ship center in georgia and house in florida - car payments etc - just like most folks.

Bottom line is that i need every sale - just like every other dealer - also clearly, i am not allegoric to money. :)

the op who also hides his full name in his emails and only goes by john m started by asking me for a check on the hrc and birth date on a chris reeve sebebza - he was looking for the newer 59/60 - we provided not only this but also the birth date on the card.

Even though we replied promptly we never got so much as an acknowledgement to this info supplied.

Around that time as he had concerns about our restocking fee i invited him to call me the following day (or whenever) for a personal explanation so he could ask my further questions and we could sort that out like adults and after he would have heard my clear no bs explanation to when we would take this 10% (not 15% as in your first post) fee. As i said earlier in so many years we have rarely done this - and without going into much detail here on many occasions we were more than justified not only in a restock fee but i was well within my right to reship the package right back to the customer. But we did not - sometimes in business sellers have to suck it up and move along.

So after getting back to him with the hrh and the birthrate and inviting him to call for a chat this is what i got. If the op doubts that this is exactly what he said in reply to my offer to speak on the phone then i have no problem taking a screen shot of the page but that will expose his email address and other info that he may not want public.

Here goes.

honestly if u dont put ur policy in paper and u are asking me to call u thats more than enough to help understand how flimsy ur policy is. I dont deal with such business. Going back to knifecenter.

Sent from my iphone

unquote

so after reading this it took me only a minute to decide that john m and i were not meant to be.

In my opinion a 5 minute phone call would have explained everything and this info would have come from me, the owner of the company, and alleviated his fears rather that an inevitable back and forth of emails all possibly a foot long each (from him).

So i made a judgment call and decided it was time for a divorce.

A nagging question to me is that why, if he was so dead set against ever buying from us (see his email above), then why was he so incensed that we blocked his ip address? Also why did he try so hard so get the thread closed before i had a chance to respond?

So there you have it - i am only human and make mistakes perhaps in the past i did act irresponsibly in the case(s) with lone wolf, but i do my best and will bend over in all directions to do whatever i can to make the customer happy.

But in this case of john m, aka many other names) i did what i though was correct and now based on this attempt by him to to cast aspersions on my company and reputation i fee more comfortable than ever that i blocked him.

Finally i want to apologize to the blade forums continuity for having to put up with these pages of bandwidth usage and i hope all of you will come to know me as an honest straightforward purveyor of knives.

My toll free number, which is clearly listed on the website, is 1.866.748.9985. If i am out or in a meeting my assistant lauren will take your call and get the message to me asap.

Thanks again for all your support and anybody who comes to my booth at the blade show in atlanta and mentions this thread will get a free t-shirt!
That is everybody except the one obvious person.

Best regards
neil ostroff / owner / true north knives
hollywood, fl
peachtree city, ga.

boom!!!...roasted

Neil will definitely have my business in the future and the OP will earn a spot on the ignore list. It's clear the OP isn't willing to see this situation from a realistic perspective. And who gives two poops how much you've spent each month on knives. Looney tunes dude....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Neil will definitely have my business in the future and the OP will earn a spot on the ignore list. It's clear the OP isn't willing to see this situation from a realistic perspective. And who gives two poops how much you've spent each month on knives. Looney tunes dude....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll second that.

Ah, 2017 starting out right. With one of what will probably be many epic GBU backfires. Entertaining and educational at the same time. The unfortunate consequence is that a decent company (and/or individual) needs to waste time responding to garbage put out in the universe. Happy New Year everyone. [emoji2].

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

I've bought several blades from TNK. I had questions, he asked that I call, I did and my concerns were addressed. Happy with my purchases.
For you youngsters out there glued to the latest greatest 23rd-century Star Trek communicator, try the phone feature once in a black Death Star moon. It makes things happen.

Bravo Neil....Bravo..
Handled like the "TRUE" professional
you are..
Integrity and Character shines through...

ThinSlice I would quit while you are a "TinyBit" ahead
Keeping adding comments and idiotic screen shots..
The digging of the HOLE can stop any time you choose..!!

This thread is a testament to people whining and not acting as an adult
Trying to justify your actions and hoping to rally the members here in your
corner to make you feel better..Looking as if that went SOUTH for ya buddy..

Neil your judgement call is your gut as a professional talking to you.. Been there
if it smells like a fish...Its NOT a LEMON...Severe ties and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its just weird i have been called a lot of things in this thread without ppl knowing me. Calling me that im a bad apple customer for asking questions i should be aware first hand before doing any business with any company. I have spent over $6k in last 6 months in just folders alone. Over $3,300 at KnifeCenter and over $2k at BladeHQ. Will provide proof below so u guys that calling me a bad apple customer as though i purposely want to return an item. Would have happilly provide BladeHQ but it doesn list all transactions on a single page but rather have to tap each purchase date and it reveals too much personal info. If needed i will give permission for BladeHQ to give the total amount i have spent on them if you need additional proof.

No-one cares how much you have spent on knives.......we care about you coming here and opening a thread about a much respected and honest member of our community when you never had a deal with him, no money changed hands.

There was no deal or any financial transaction between you and TNK. Yet you come here to blacken his name over a perceived slight. You should apologise and lock this thread. You are quickly becoming a laughing stock of this forum.

Good evening all -just back home and back to the office in the morning - I decided to get this out of the way this evening.

First thanks to so many of you who not only stood up for me but mostly for your condolences on the loss of our family member - these comments were greatly appreciated. Special mention to Lone Wolf who is someone with whom I have had a rather toxic relationship over the years and I probably overreacted a few times so my public apology to her for all that jazz.

As usual Neil you are a class act.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back