Try to Sell me an alox vic

All alox models are easily worth the money and are some of best pocket knives around.they are thinner and lighter than their celidor counterparts and more durable.

Iirc, I recently saw sakmodder had posted on YouTube a discovery of his, that allows him to make a small "drawer", for lack of a better word, to be built into the linerless alox models. Very, very ingenious, it permits one to carry about three or so of the small items absent on the alox versions: i.e. toothpick, tweezers, small pen, etc. Admittedly a somewhat tight fit, but again, iirc, he makes it large enough to hold the very smallest fire starting rod one can purchase, obviously without a handle on it. Maybe the coolest little mod I've ever seen.
Thanks, Neal

All alox models are easily worth the money and are some of best pocket knives around.they are thinner and lighter than their celidor counterparts and more durable.
Wouldn't say lighter, I'm pretty sure the pioneer x is about 10grams heavier than a climber, (I'd guess a tinker would close the gap a slight amount) Thinner and more durable, yes, thicker blades, and a thinner overall package, I'd give it that.

I was knife browsing in yesterday on my way back from a job in far northeast TN. Was looking at all the different models of Vic SAKs. Been about 6 months since I really spent any time looking at them. Anyway, picked up a alox Electrician. Really a nice little knife with the two blades and the awl might come in handy. I guess I'll miss the toothpick and tweezers, but I'll live. Slowly but surely, my brain is pushing me toward smaller pocket knives for regular carry. One of these years, I may turn into a peanut guy. ;)

Looked at the Pioneer X. Not really a scissors person. But it's a really nice little package for those that do.

The cellidor models are all the SAK you need; the alox is all the SAK you WANT. My EDC SAK is a cellidor (Champion Plus). But I love my Pioneers. They are entirely different beasts, and I don't think they need compete. Alox to me is more suited to gentleman carry, with slacks and the like. The thinness is insane, and they look so classy. If you stop thinking of them as multitools, they just become more useful traditionals in my mind. They don't compete with other SAKs for my carry, they compete with GECs and Cases. Hope this makes sense!

I have many SAKs, with cellidor or nylon scales and even few with wooden scales, but for the last months I carried a Pioneer most of the time. It is relatively thin, has the functions I use most often and I just like the feeling of the alox scales and I love the looks of the alox scales. For me it has nothing to do about alox models having stronger scales or a slightly larger blade, it is just a matter of taste.

If the tweezers are a must, then the alox models are not for you.
The alox models are slimmer overall with slightly thicker & stronger blades.
The cellidor scales get scratched easily and can break. You don’t have to worry about that with alox.

Other than that, they are all fine. Correction: they are all great EDCs and users.

Then there is always the knife nut’s solution to the problem of choosing between two alternatives: get them both. :D
You can always pair up an alox model (e.g. farmer) with a Vic Classic, and you will have 3 blade sizes, scissors, nail file, toothpick and TWEEZERS.

I think the best solution is to get some Swiss Bianco scales. Then you can get that badass Alox look and keep your precious teethspickoon.

More of a side note but when I was reading these, I noticed more people have a larger alox and a celluloid classic on their key chain. I tend to have the reverse with a alox classic with my keys and a spartan or other blade in my pocket. I guess it's more out of concern that the classic on the key chain would be more likely to get the handles beaten up than what is in the pocket.
That being said, either the alox or celluloid would likely be lifelong companions, but the alox gives you a greater feeling of being indestructible. They tend to be slimmer compared to models of the same layer yet still having thicker blades and stronger springs. The celluloid has the added benefits of toothpick and tweezers (toothpick I more use as a cleaning tool for tools rather than teeth) and having the back tools. I don't drink wine but having that mini screwdriver has been rather helpful.
Positive is they are all reasonably priced so you can always pick up different kinds that satisfy your needs!

I might have tried to answer this till a week ago. We were out with two little girls. The four year old was stung by a hornet or bee and was crying. The stinger was embedded. The tweezers on the Tinker came to the rescue. Stinger removed, little girl happy again. Thanks SAK. Glad it wasn't an Alox.

I might have tried to answer this till a week ago. We were out with two little girls. The four year old was stung by a hornet or bee and was crying. The stinger was embedded. The tweezers on the Tinker came to the rescue. Stinger removed, little girl happy again. Thanks SAK. Glad it wasn't an Alox.

I've never actually been stung by a bee before, but I do get splinters and my Vic tweezers have definitely come to the rescue before.
I sure wish my dad carried a cellador Vic when I was a kid, I remember getting a splinter once and him digging it out with the tip of his knife which really wasn't pleasant for a 5 year old.

Back