Trying to find an old knife

Hello all,

I'm new here, I've used the site a few times to help make some decisions and figured I'd join. This post may be a little long but I'd appreciate any help that can be offered.

I was into knives before I was old enough to buy guns. Once the gun addiction took hold I hardly carried a knife on me ( mostly in the truck or tool box). So a year ago my daughter bought me a CRKT M16 (small version) and its been a decent knife, not the best by any means but it does the job. After carrying it for a few months I couldn't believe it had been so long I went without one. I have since bought a few other knives.

While flipping through tv channels a few days ago ( I almost never do ) I was amazed to see a knife that I once owned. So it got me thinking of what ever happened to "that" knife. So I went by my folks place looking through my old stuff (huge family and never throw away anything) and found a few of my old cheap knives but not "that" one. I looked over the TV guide and can't figure out what show/movie/channel I was watching.....

I googled for a while but nothing really showed up. It was about 5" opened and about a 2.25" blade. It had a polished stainless blade with a spear point and a nail edge. It had brass bolsters and wood scales ( Kinda like a buck 110 but not curved ) with a handguard built in the upper bolsters. It also had a lock mechanism similar tot he buck as well. It resembled a Smith & Wesson H.R.T. when opened but obviously not as big.

The only knife I found that's even close (only in size and shape really) that google turned up is the one in the link below.

https://www.propertyroom.com/l/rare...uard-heavy-duty-flame-lockback-knife/10751071

I know its difficult to figure out what knife I had just by describing it but any help is really appreciated, as I'd like to get another. It doesn't have to be exactly "that" knife but something close/similar. The one In the link has too many sharp/pointed edges for me, especially the finger grooves, its still kinda col looking though.

Thanks,
TJ

AwN91ZY.jpg

This is as close as I got to the knife you were looking for , the one
above is a Case Cheetah Cub...

AwN91ZY.jpg

This is as close as I got to the knife you were looking for , the one
above is a Case Cheetah Cub...

That is similar, only the one I had the handguard was built into the liners/bolster. I really like that knife. Are they any good?

knockingdiesel knockingdiesel Maybe a shell puller?

StagLockBAckShellPuller12-16Gauge__32558.1500565494.jpg

This one I also like, anymore info on it?

CN210872CM.jpg

They used to make various versions of this "Tiger" and a mini "Tiger" knife in brass with brown or black scales.

I have a couple of these, thats what got me to buy the one thats missing.

While they were close, none of them were exact but that's fine. I appreciate the replies, I really do, Im going to research the two love since I really like them.

Thank you,

TJ

What show was this knife on?

Not a clue, flipping through channels and it didn't hit me until after I left the house to check the channel/show ( I was heading out to help a friend). After that I headed to my folks place to look for it thinking it would be there.

That’s the knife, only wood grips! I really appreciate all the help. I’ll be looking around for one. I’m also gonna keep an eye out for a 1050 and cheetah cub.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 1BBB3761-DC03-49D4-B1E7-7903E5F712F6.jpeg
    1BBB3761-DC03-49D4-B1E7-7903E5F712F6.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 35
The 1050 is my favorite folder and I carried it in the 1980'ies as my prime working knife.
The blade has lost both height and lenght due to all the resharpenings, but it is still solid and cuts very well.
I replaced it with a Leatherman when they became availible in Europe 30 years ago.
I still carry a LM at work for practicality, but I can miss the days with the 1050 as an EDC.

The drawback with the 1050 IMO was the AUS8 steel, as it had low resistance to wear.At least when used by me as a carpenter.
I wished they had made it in a better steel and finally they did for their 30th anniversary.
There were 500 Kershaw 1050's made in damascus VG-10 with Pakkawood scales and 300 Hattori 1050's in laminated VG-10 with ebony scales and nickelsilver bolsters.
I was able to get the Hattori version in 2007 and the wear resistance is miles ahead of the originals.
Nevertheless, the Kershaw AUS8 version is too nice to ignore and I would have got that one if I wouldn't have found the Hattori.
folders 001.jpg

Regards
Mikael

Hello all,

I'm new here, I've used the site a few times to help make some decisions and figured I'd join. This post may be a little long but I'd appreciate any help that can be offered.

I was into knives before I was old enough to buy guns. Once the gun addiction took hold I hardly carried a knife on me ( mostly in the truck or tool box). So a year ago my daughter bought me a CRKT M16 (small version) and its been a decent knife, not the best by any means but it does the job. After carrying it for a few months I couldn't believe it had been so long I went without one. I have since bought a few other knives.

While flipping through tv channels a few days ago ( I almost never do ) I was amazed to see a knife that I once owned. So it got me thinking of what ever happened to "that" knife. So I went by my folks place looking through my old stuff (huge family and never throw away anything) and found a few of my old cheap knives but not "that" one. I looked over the TV guide and can't figure out what show/movie/channel I was watching.....

I googled for a while but nothing really showed up. It was about 5" opened and about a 2.25" blade. It had a polished stainless blade with a spear point and a nail edge. It had brass bolsters and wood scales ( Kinda like a buck 110 but not curved ) with a handguard built in the upper bolsters. It also had a lock mechanism similar tot he buck as well. It resembled a Smith & Wesson H.R.T. when opened but obviously not as big.

The only knife I found that's even close (only in size and shape really) that google turned up is the one in the link below.

https://www.propertyroom.com/l/rare...uard-heavy-duty-flame-lockback-knife/10751071

I know its difficult to figure out what knife I had just by describing it but any help is really appreciated, as I'd like to get another. It doesn't have to be exactly "that" knife but something close/similar. The one In the link has too many sharp/pointed edges for me, especially the finger grooves, its still kinda col looking though.

Thanks,
TJ

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for-sale-folding-knives-individual.892/

There's a knife for sale in that thread that resembles the one you describe. The materials are different, but perhaps the design is the same.

Back