Trying to find Steel European sword fittings

Hello,
I am trying to find European sword fittings for ATrim and Tinker/Hanwei blades.

I have ordered from LG, and while their products are amazing, they are not what I am looking for, and they can not do "custom" fittings, as the molds to make their pieces are 800 dollars on their own.

Where else does one find *steel* cross guards and pommels for swords these days? I'm almost at the point that I'm going to just make the cross guard myself.

The easiest way is to find smith to forge out what you want. Quite a few on this forum. Assuming you are not a skilled smith yourself making them yourself sounds a whole lot easier than it is. It would however be fun and a learning experience.

I suspected the answer was going to be find a smith. As for my skill set, I was a machinist in a former life, stock removal is not beyond me ;)

I suspected the answer was going to be find a smith. As for my skill set, I was a machinist in a former life, stock removal is not beyond me ;)
If you are comfortable doing that then you should be good to go. If memory serves me Tinker was strictly stock removal and he put out some pretty great stuff.

Tinker is still doing some really nice stuff, in fact, he had this sword and was a little too busy to make the guard. I really just need a milling machine and a lathe and most of my life problems would be solved...

If you have the skill set you should machine them yourself. That is what a trim does after all. I am not aware of any suppliers ofveuropean sword fittings in any quantity, although if someone wants to come along and enlighten me that would be great.

If you have the skill set you should machine them yourself. That is what a trim does after all.

Hey Russ. I actually took a few minutes to draw it in CAD. I'd honestly need it cast to get what I truly want.
ebCfCSwhTy5qE9HW9

I then talked to Madmonkey and in our chat i realized that I could have what i want 3D printed at Shapeways.

Now I need to get better at 3D rendering.... I have a 2D drafting to import at least...

Last edited:
Hey Russ. I actually took a few minutes to draw it in CAD. I'd honestly need it cast to get what I truly want.
ebCfCSwhTy5qE9HW9

I then talked to Madmonkey and in our chat i realized that I could have what i want 3D printed at Shapeways.

Now I need to get better at 3D rendering.... I have a 2D drafting to import at least...

I hadn't even considered 3D printing... what a cool world we live in. Can they do metal stuff with printing? I should look into that...

Back