Best EDC steel?

• Cru Wear

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • M4

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Super Blue

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
Literally impossible to answer as it's a subjective question. Best in what regard (not that asking "what's best in X way" is any less subjective)?

There is no clear winner in such a discussion, ever.

Literally impossible to answer as it's a subjective question. Best in what regard (not that asking "what's best in X way" is any less subjective)?

There is no clear winner in such a discussion, ever.

It's in the title EDC steel so I am assuming he means an edc type folder (not a pocket brick) or small edc fixed blade.

Of course the answer to the question is.......

Whichever you like best.

Of the choices given, definitely M4 for me. :thumbsup:

I am very fond of M4, but I think that Cruwear and Maxamet have been making the news lately...and Cruwear seems a better balance of toughness and edge-holding. I like my Gayle Bradley 2, but haven't tried Cruwear or Maxamet as of yet.

CruWear is the bomb. High wear resistance, exceptional toughness, decent corrosion resistance. And it's on my favorite knife so that's what I voted for, haha.

Like Cereal said, though, it is dependent on what you're using it for. If you're cutting abrasive material day in/day out M4 would be ideal.

For everything else, CruWear is better. ;)

Those are all great steels, it just depends on what your preferences are. They are three of my favorites and I have multiple knives in each one. My Cruwear Military might be my favorite knife. It won't hold an edge as long as M4 but it is one of the most well balanced steels I have used and that is my preference.

I guess I should not vote because I have no Cruwear or Superblue.
I have about a dozen other steels from Swiss Army and Case and Opinel (Carbon and Inox) all the way to three examples of S110V and a very good spread in-between M390, ZDP-189, XHP, S90V etc., etc.

Number one steel for me, and I have three examples . . . all very consistent performers :
M4
For the win !
I could do with out everything else but life without M4 (and the knives it is in) would suck. I am so comfortable with one of those in my pocket. Inexplicable (other than it cuts, sharpens and stays sharp just like steel in Heaven would).

If super blue is even any where close I look forward to trying it.

CPM-3v fixed blade and an m390 folder for me.

Out of your choices, I’d go with M4 because I’m in a desert climate and I don’t have to worry about corrosion.

PVD coated, scale swapped, and hardware swapped? That sure is purty...
Everything metal on this one is PVD coated. The scales are from a Cruwear Sprint and the blade from a BHQ exclusive. I got it from @razor-edge-knives . Brilliant work and my favorite EDC.

What's the best 6 cylinder vehicle for every day driving?

Jeep Grand Cherokee
Pontiac Grand Am GT
Dodge Ram 1500 turbo deisel

Last edited:
Back