Best EDC steel?

• Cru Wear

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • M4

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Super Blue

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
The best steel is the one that you like the most that works the best for you.
I could easily call 420HC from Buck the best steel.

You gave a very narrow range of choices. None would be my choice for EDC. I'd select M390 or 20CV.

At least edit in a choice of "None of the above".

I lean towards the "there is no one correct answer side" ... it all depends what uses ... climate ... your sharpening skills etc ... out of the three you listed my personal preference would be M4 ... but that is what best fits my uses and my sharpening skills out of the steels listed.

Thank you all for your input! There’s certainly some steel I missed, and you know Adamentium is the best we could ever find, but Wolverine isn’t letting spyderco take his claws, so...EDC for me is food, fruit, camping, yard work, boxes, rope, really just a little of everything. JJ made a good point on sharpening skills, which although I have a sharpmaker, are not good at all, so...definitely something to think about too.

I lean towards the "there is no one correct answer side" ... it all depends what uses ... climate ... your sharpening skills etc ... out of the three you listed my personal preference would be M4 ... but that is what best fits my uses and my sharpening skills out of the steels listed.
This.

Back