Tryout and Passaround

8HGENWW.jpg
NOW ... were having fun.

Isn't a swedge or a sharpened tip, kinda much smaller and pragmatic clip point? Nathan does them and I find them to be super sexy, very ergonomic and deadly if faced with the wrong end of that CPK. I don't think that missing a good portion of the steel on top, for the sake of menacing looks is for me though.

tell me why I need to know! Badassery aside

Less steel at/near the tip of the knife not only lightens the blade, but makes it faster in hand, as it moves the balance point further back towards the handle. Also makes for a more acute tip for easier penetration. And, it's badass! ;) :D

Isn't a swedge or a sharpened tip, kinda much smaller and pragmatic clip point? Nathan does them and I find them to be super sexy, very ergonomic and deadly if faced with the wrong end of that CPK. I don't think that missing a good portion of the steel on top, for the sake of menacing looks is for me though.
Swedge does act similarly to the clip point. Even betterer is a clip point with a swedge!!! ;)

BTT, so where are we at with this? Nathan, did you beat the crappola outta them Busses' yet?

crap, no I didn't. I moved instead and have been trying to get the K-18s going.

It's on my list of things to do. It's something I want to do, and when we restart training on the competition knife races I will put those into the mix and Benny Boo and I will beat the crap out of them...

I've beat on Busses and CPKs pretty hard. Both will hold up to any kind of hard use you throw their way. Busses do require a little thinning of the edge to be competitive. CPKs come ready to go.

With that being said, I'd be willing to loan out my Medium Chopper or HDFK to a member that's trustworthy and in outstanding reputation. Use them like you would your own, I certainly have.

Back