Tsprof setup tips

So the banker (wife) have me the green light to order the tsprof this Friday. Any setup tips I should be aware of? Getting the K03 Wranglerstar kit.

I have 2 Tsprof's and for sure get the reinforced springs for every clamp that your getting whether it's an extra clamp or a clamp that is included by Tsprof,I really like the Conical clamps but at the same time they are not a must have but I really like mine.

The whole milled clamps are great for long knives but for pocket knives they suck,I find myself most times using 1 double clamp to hold a pocket knife,the reason is that there are more pounds per square inch then a wide single clamp,you'll find on a lot of weirdly shaped blades a wide single clamps has to be tightened down way to much a lot of the time witch is going to mean stripped threads and I don't mean right away but sooner rather then later,I have not stripped anything yet but it's because I avoid using certain clamp for certain blades if I can.

The whole milled clamps I wouldn't bother with,2 double clamps with the reinforced spring's are good enough unless your really going crazy on using pressure to sharpen.

I have a universal table on order and George from STATES who is the dealer in the USA just got them Tuesday but is gone for 2 weeks on holiday so I have to wait for him to ship it.

When you get your Tsprof you can email me at wadenorton2008@yahoo.ca if there is anything you don't understand or you need help with.

Back