Photos Tuffram, beautiful Tuffram

Frankki

Gold Member
In the mid-1990's I was still in school and knew Spyderco only from some advertisements and mentions in gun and hunting magazines. Didn't care too much for the looks and wouldn't have given a damn about the specs or materials, as I wasn't any sort of a knife guy back then. Still, some really nice ones were made about 25 years ago. Today I'm fortunate enough to own a couple of them, a Worker and a Co-Pilot, in the super cool Aluminium Tuffram guise:

LwXayRP.jpg

On4QgkG.jpg

opeSkkV.jpg

The newer stuff and the latest releases look really great and promising too, but right now I'm too busy enjoying all this old-school nostalgia to pay it much attention! :D

That's a sweet Police! One of those is definitely on my "should get"- list also!

Hi Frankki,

Thanx for the comments and very nice pics.

That's a really old Police model. Looks to be in good shape. Back then we couldn't use the steel name for Gin-1 (was promised to another company at the time), so we called it G2 which stood for "Good shit also". There was no American equivalent so we gave out the chemistry with the knife.

I still have a few Tuffram models stashed. A check for $100 made out to Children's Hospital in Denver will get you one, if interested? Only have few.

sal

Hi Sal,

and thanks for the great designs! I'm sure all of us know the importance and historical significance of the Worker, and I'm certainly going to cherish mine, in this IMO the finest variant thereof, but also the little Co-Pilot has quickly become a new favourite of mine. With the clip removed and a piece of paracord attached it makes a perfect watch pocket carry knife, small and lightweight but very very capable. It's taught me a great deal about the whole Little Big Knife concept in the first few days I've owned it. Took me long enough but I'm getting there!

HuhBE9W.jpg

aQ4PHzI.jpg

8orSmrU.jpg

And that is an amazing offer on the remaining Tuffram models! Unfortunately my bank no longer issues cheques, as they are a rather obsolete form of payment in Finland, but to anyone who is able, I say: do it! A donation to a fine cause leading to a knife from Sal, what could be greater? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanx Frankki.

Back "in the day" when I designed the CoPilot, one could carry small knives on airplanes. We had a hunting couple that flew to Africa with their CoPilots, used them to skin their animals and flew home with them in their pockets.

sal

Hi Frankki,

Thanx for the comments and very nice pics.

That's a really old Police model. Looks to be in good shape. Back then we couldn't use the steel name for Gin-1 (was promised to another company at the time), so we called it G2 which stood for "Good shit also". There was no American equivalent so we gave out the chemistry with the knife.

I still have a few Tuffram models stashed. A check for $100 made out to Children's Hospital in Denver will get you one, if interested? Only have few.

sal
Hi Sal, I'll write that check!

Hi Fonedork,

I have a Worker, CoPilot and Police models. The Worker and CoPilot are the darker color and the Police is the lighter color. All are serrated. Make check out to Children's hospital -
Denver and send to:
Spyderco
Attn: Sal Glesser
Golden, CO 80403

Please include your preference and mailing address.

sal

Hi Native,

Still have a few. Make the check out to Children 's Hospital Denver and pick the model you want.

Send to:
Spyderco
820 Spyderco Way
Golden, CO 80403

sal
Hey Sal!
I will gladly get a check in the mail ASAP if you would please set aside a Police for me!
What a great opportunity, thank you very much!

Hi Kiteman,

I will set one aside for you. Though I think that might be it. Don't have many. Send the check made out to Children's hospital Denver. send to:

Spyderco
820 Spyderco Way
Golden, CO 80403

Email me your mailing address or send it with the check.

sal

Hi Kiteman,

I will set one aside for you. Though I think that might be it. Don't have many. Send the check made out to Children's hospital Denver. send to:

Spyderco
820 Spyderco Way
Golden, CO 80403

Email me your mailing address or send it with the check.

sal
Thank you very much, Sal, I can't really express my gratitude enough.

I can't catch the mailman today, but I've got the check ready to hit the mail on Monday! I have included my mailing address with the check. :thumbsup:

Hey sal, check is on the way.
Preference is police, worker, copilot. But will take any. Thanks.

Wow Sal!! What a generous thing to do!! I’d be all over it but I had my river gear stolen off of my front porch (in your neighboring town, Salida, CO). My Pacific Salt was part of the loot the sumbich got so I recently replaced that with the wonderful Native Salt.

Back