1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos Tuffram, beautiful Tuffram

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Frankki, Jun 24, 2019.

1. PStone

PStone

Mar 3, 2018
    Just so you guys know, twice I won a raffle in the spyderco forum for kitchen knifes. It was the same deal. Check made out to Children’s Hospital. Both times the donations were made in my name. Not Spyderco’s. Not Sal’s. Mine. The man doesn’t even take credit for the money he gathers. Nor does his company appear to either. That is what I call a class act. One of the many many reasons I am their customer for life. Thank you Sal!

2. hookahhabib

hookahhabib Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Much appreciated Sal...thanks! I'll have it out in the mail tomorrow! Super excited to make a donation and also get myself a piece of Spyderco history...super cool of you to do this on many levels :)

3. hookahhabib

hookahhabib Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Just wanted to let you know check was put in the mail today Sal. I also set a yearly calendar reminder and intend to send Children's Hospital a donation on 7/11 from here on out since I don't do much (or enough) of this type of thing in general since I've moved back to the US -- thanks for the encouragement to do this :)

Wharn and orangejoe35 like this.
  4. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Habib,

Goodonya!

sal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you want a better world, be a better person".

hookahhabib likes this.
  5. fonedork

fonedork Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Hi Sal, thanks so much for the Police. It’s got such a unique story behind it now and it’s just fantastic, really beautiful and special. Here it is with some of its new family members. You are a great guy and I’m glad and proud to collect your knives.

A3725C1C-5F90-4826-82D8-563D3BC49CDA.jpeg

6. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Hey Sal,
    I sent that check on the 1st, have you gotten it yet? I followed up with a PM a couple of days ago but haven't heard back. I've been watching my mailbox but nothing so far. I'm in no big hurry or anything but I would like to know the check showed up.
    Thanks, TH

7. SF native

SF native

Jun 28, 2019
    I’m in the same boat. Figured Sal was is busy or at a show. I will either get something in the mail or I won’t.

8. 5-by-5

5-by-5

Oct 13, 2016
    Just noticed that Police is a few years earlier than mine. My blade is stamped G2

9. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Thanks very much to @Sal Glesser for setting me up with the sweet Tuffram Police that showed up in the mail today! :thumbsup:

I very much appreciate the opportunity to own such a nice, collectable piece. It's quite interesting to compare it to more recent Police models.

10. SF native

SF native

Jun 28, 2019
    Yes! Mine showed up too. Loving it. A great addition to the collection. So nice of Sal to go out of his way to make these available to us. Thanks again.

11. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Arrived today, thank you Sal!

Attached Files:

Wharn likes this.
  12. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    DD3B7419-A622-4C69-B024-5B42DFFE3331.jpeg A820B6D0-80A8-4252-8399-C36AE0EE92F9.jpeg 6BC87EE2-B2B6-49AD-9365-0FFBF59C0716.jpeg

Mine arrived and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve always wanted a worker and this is even better that it came directly from Sal himself and it was for a great cause.

It’s a really cool piece of history and I am impressed it even has the box and edge-u-cation.

The dark grey tuffram is beautiful. I just oiled it up and wiped it down and you wouldn’t be able to tell it is 25 years old.

Thank you, Sal!

nephron, Kiteman72 and 5-by-5 like this.