Tuna Valley Photography

All these knives and photos are just beautiful. But I have to say, the above pic of the coke bottle jack posed against the corn is truly exceptional--like something you'd find in a well produced art book.

Thank you Shurke! My dad grew a few rows of Indian Corn in his garden this summer, so when he brought me a few ears for decoration, I knew I had to get a photo with them. The burnt stag on that coke bottle made a very nice combination with the colorful corn. I agree, I think it is one of the best knife photos I've taken so far. Sometimes everything lines up just right. It was a cold cloudy day, and the lighting was just right.

Another newer knife for me, not yet shown in this thread. I just shot these images this morning.
full

full

I've got a handful of mammoth ivory Tuna knives I recently picked up, and I've yet to take photos of. If the weather would cooperate, I would like to get out into the woods and find some nice spots for knife pictures. But if the winter blows in too fast, I may have to wait until spring. Pictures of knives just laying in the snow are too boring to post in this thread.

Rookie82,
Those are definitely 2 gems! Love the mammoth. I don't think I have ever seen fluted mammoth, but I do live under a rock.
Larry

Thanks Larry. I've not seen it anywhere else other than on the Tuna Valley knives. The engraved bolsters and fluted ivory are done by Damon Soileau, who is a fine metal and jewelry artist.

Ryan told me that a former Queen employee opened up a custom knife shop, and that is who is doing most of the knife work for him.

That’s the best looking set I’ve ever seen. Really nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Fishin. Took a long time to find all 5 in unused condition. Finally found the mammoth ivory one last fall at a knife show in Kentucky.

Rookie82 Man, I love your Mammoth Ivory and MOP Whittlers. What's the handle covers on the far left end?

Rookie82 Man, I love your Mammoth Ivory and MOP Whittlers. What's the handle covers on the far left end?

That is smooth rams horn. It is a 1 piece prototype, they never went in to production with that handle option.

Back