Tuna Valley Photography

Took me a while but I finally got a nice photo of the new 2020 Tuna Valley Phoenix Jack in Burnt Stag with Damascus Steel blade.

Also, a really cool 2017 1 piece prototype that was never made into production Boys Jack Knife in Lightning Wood.

full

full
full

Just released last week, the Phoenix Jack in 154CM blade steel, with Burnt Stag handles.
full

full
Sure is a beauty...that stag! For some reason, I thought these were released last year? Were they just announced last year?

Sure is a beauty...that stag! For some reason, I thought these were released last year? Were they just announced last year?

There was an amber stag version that was supposed to come out last fall, but there was supply delays among other things. The 1st one released was the burnt stag with Damascus steel blade came out in March. This is the 2nd release, same pattern with burnt stag and 154CM steel blades. Coming out next is a maple burl handle, and the amber stag ones.

Pics of the 2012 amber stag sunfish with engraved bolsters, 1 of only 7. Also, pile side shot of the Phoenix Jack with damascus.
full
full
full
Tuna Valley sure did get that amber stag right...it is always striking to the eye. Would it be safe to say that you have the entire Tuna Valley collection? :)

Tuna Valley sure did get that amber stag right...it is always striking to the eye. Would it be safe to say that you have the entire Tuna Valley collection? :)

Hehe, no. Although I think I may have one of the largest Tuna collections out there, there are still many that I don't have. The hunt continues!

Ordered a Tuna Valley Phoenix Jack and this is my first Tuna Valley and I am excited about it. How do yall stay on top of TV releases as they come out? Just checking the website or something else? Pro tips appreciated.

Ordered a Tuna Valley Phoenix Jack and this is my first Tuna Valley and I am excited about it. How do yall stay on top of TV releases as they come out? Just checking the website or something else? Pro tips appreciated.

Did you get the one with 154CM steel, or the Raindrop Damascus steel?

The Daniels Family Knife Brands facebook page, and the DFKB website both are the best place to hear about the latest releases. The next handle option for the Phoenix Jack is supposed to come out in another week or two.

Last edited:
Rookie82 Rookie82 I actually ordered one of each.

Good tip on a new handle option coming out soon. Will have to be watching for that. I really like the look of the Phoenix Jack and I was optimistic that the fit and finish would be good.

Rookie82 Rookie82 I actually ordered one of each.

Good tip on a new handle option coming out soon. Will have to be watching for that. I really like the look of the Phoenix Jack and I was optimistic that the fit and finish would be good.

I have 1 of each also. They have great fit and finish. I think you'll be pretty happy once you get them in your hand. Take some photos and post them in here once you get them!

Rookie82 Rookie82 will do. I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but so far I have found it very useful, thanks for the photos and all the info along the way. As far as I can tell, this thread seems to be the main Tuna Valley thread so I am setting it as a watched thread.

Back