Turley PSK as a skinner

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Iz as promised I put your PSK to work as a skinner yesterday. I skinned half the deer with the PSK and the other half with my UNK.
First I cord wrapped the knife leaving a tail piece of cord to wrap around my last 3 fingers. This provides a firm grip and acts like an extension of the handle. You can turn the knife around without loosing your grip.

Picture503.jpg

The next two pics are skinning the leg out.

Picture501.jpg

Picture502.jpg

This knife works very well as a skinner of any size game. :thumbup:
Scott

I like it when one maker uses another makers stuff. Seems to me as one of the best complements one can get. Especially one the caliber of Scott. Good Stuff Iz. By the way hope my Dogwood gets here before Deer Seasons out:D. I sure would like to add a pic of it shinning a deer too :D.

Thanks guys. Iz makes a great knife. One thing I've found after more then 30 years of hunting is that you can get away with a small knife even for big game. For deer hunting four inch or under is all you need. I do carry a bigger blade for splitting the pelvic bone and cutting the rib cage to get out the heart , lungs and wind pipe. I once skinned a deer with my PSK knife in about 20 mintues.
Scott

Nice job, Scott. Interesting cord wrap, now I see what you were describing. That is something, eh Iz? IA should be impressed with this one.

Great to see the "non-theoretical" uses of a survival knife. And, he isn't cutting vegetables!!!! Awesome!!:thumbup:

I used that cord tail on one of my sharpened strikers to skin out a deer. Definately helps with shorter handles.
Scott

Well this seems cheap to copy and paste but I can't say it any better than I did on another forum. So here it is.

Wow. What an honor for me to have Scott Gossman put a post up like this.
I'm blown away. Thank you very much Scott for all your support. You're a person I look up to in the knife making world, more so than I can say.
For those of you that live on another planet, Scott is a premier knifemaker who could make (and does) a psk to blow anything I make out of the water.
Gossman Knives
But he's a cool enough guy to do something like this.
I'm humbled, my friend. Thank you.:thumbup:

And thanks got all you guys, too for the nice words of encouragement. How can I go wrong with one of my mentors being Scott Gossman and with all you cool folks offering support? I don't think I can. If I do it's all on me.
Iz

Back